Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

CB006BF2-15B3-4D1A-8ED1-2434A99550BB.jpeg

looks great
i see a Wizard sticker on that fender, how do you get 1 of those?

Last edited:
i've seen just a few pics of this rig........and never referenced it for my build but dam if i'm not almost similar in appearance. i'm just missin about 10k worth of better stuff.
The farmer was bitching to his son that he had two horses and always had a hard time telling them apart. One day he was pretty excited in telling his son that he finally found a way to know which was which. Yep, I went out there and measured them nags. Turns out, the black one is 6" taller than the brown one.

The farmer was bitching to his son that he had two horses and always had a hard time telling them apart. One day he was pretty excited in telling his son that he finally found a way to know which was which. Yep, I went out there and measured them nags. Turns out, the black one is 6" taller than the brown one.
right.

Last edited:
ready to tackle trail doors?

that bar you used would make a nice inner braces and is wide enough to offer a bit of arm rest at the top edge as well as deep enough to drill and tap for fasteners.

hinges don't seem like a big deal, but i'm not sure about the latch mechanism.

Reactions: starkey480

that bar you used would make a nice inner braces and is wide enough to offer a bit of arm rest at the top edge as well as deep enough to drill and tap for fasteners.

You know I was just thinking about it yesterday and adding up the cost of either adding aluminum sheet to my soft door frames that currently have busted plastic shell on them, or putting armor on my half doors. Would be about $200 in materials for just the outer sheet and fasteners. Didn’t think about making full blown doors though 🤔 I could steal the latches off my half door frames.

Buy a rotary latch from Southco and rig up a pull string for the trigger like in race cars. If you can make the door skin the latch is the easy part!

You know I was just thinking about it yesterday and adding up the cost of either adding aluminum sheet to my soft door frames that currently have busted plastic shell on them, or putting armor on my half doors. Would be about $200 in materials for just the outer sheet and fasteners. Didn’t think about making full blown doors though 🤔 I could steal the latches off my half door frames

if you have a set you can cannibalize it's a 3rd off the cost already.
looks like any decent look alike latches run about 100$ and then you have to rig a forward pull also.... not having to reach back is desired.

guy up the road posted a 40x60 1/4" 6061 drop for 125$ today i'm thinkin of snatchin it . it really wouldn't need a thick brace for that material.

Reactions: starkey480
if you have a set you can cannibalize it's a 3rd off the cost already.
looks like any decent look alike latches run about 100$ and then you have to rig a forward pull also.... not having to reach back is desired.

guy up the road posted a 40x60 1/4" 6061 drop for 125$ today i'm thinkin of snatchin it . it really wouldn't need a thick brace for that material.
I like making things and I like spending less money but as it creeps closer to the cost of just buying some laser cut doors I get less motivated 😂