Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

My kind of people! Arizona would fit you well. I have had to pole vault in 120* before. Nothing will ever feel hot after that.
Similar--I was on a job in Laredo TX a few years ago and it was 117°. I wont say it wasnt terrible, but I have also worked in ND in January and it was -36°. The former was much easier to deal with

Reactions: Ryanoceros
Similar--I was on a job in Laredo TX a few years ago and it was 117°. I wont say it wasnt terrible, but I have also worked in ND in January and it was -36°. The former was much easier to deal with
How about southern Louisiana in 114 degree heat with a hurricane coming in and 110% humidity while running heat tests on large steel equipment with no shade?

Reactions: Tob
How about southern Louisiana in 114 degree heat with a hurricane coming in and 110% humidity while running heat tests on large steel equipment with no shade?
Humidity is a real bitch. Thats a different ball game all together.

I've told my wife multiple times that if either one of us find a job in AZ I'd move in a heartbeat. Love the desert.

I've told my wife multiple times that if either one of us find a job in AZ I'd move in a heartbeat. Love the desert.
Humidity is awful. I'll never go back to that. If and when I move on from Denver, it will be further west and further south.

Do it! I need more hardcore wheeling buddies. @pc1p moved and Chris is selling. I’m to the point where I may go with some genright built JK guys. That’s how you know I’m desperate.

Going wheeling with my dad today! Running a familiar trail (Elvis), on the way to a new trail called Bad Medicine.

Reason I’m doing Elvis again is I lowered the axle UCA mount holes 3/4” which puts static antisquat at roughly 80% now and I want to test and experiment how it does vs last time on the big waterfall when I had it set around roughly 100%. I still had slight hopping last time though it was better.I’ve mentioned this before but my whole purpose behind doing geometry correction was to get rid of hopping which is a big issue on the trails I wheel. What I’m seeing so far is that I’m not hopeful about short arm geometry changes. The reason is, hardly any climbs out here are flat faces. You always have one side of the axle dropped down. On a short arm, 5” of droop causes a far greater change in antisquat values than a midarm would. So I can get my instant center pointed perfectly at ride height but that all goes to shit once you put the rig on a climb or introduce any kind of axle travel. Not to mention when you’re on a climb there’s less weight on the springs which raises the rear end up and changes the geometry.

That all being said I’m still going to experiment the sake of knowing how changes in geometry affect the rig and how it handles. And hopefully improve hopping as much as I can until I can get a midarm.

I tried to read this to understand it all, but im not on that level.

My question for everyone, i have 4” currie lift

Is lowering/drilling the UCA frame mount hole worth it? From what I read it lowers the angle of the arm, Nth stuff use to do this front and rear. Do you recommend it without touching the upper arms etc?

Is lowering/drilling the UCA frame mount hole worth it? From what I read it lowers the angle of the arm, Nth stuff use to do this front and rear. Do you recommend it without touching the upper arms etc?
I would just leave it alone

Reactions: J R and Therbytj

Unless I can see a difference in climbing between my Jeep and my dads Jeep (4” lift stock control arm mounting) I am just going to leave his alone as well. My Jeep is an experiment right now.

I wanted to be a Jeep for Halloween this year
AF7F35FF-78C6-460E-B99D-FE4F09B57BDC.jpeg