Arizona Rocky Road CB Radio Mount

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I've been weighing my options for a while in regards to CB radio mounts for my Wrangler TJ. First and foremost I was looking for an option that didn't require any cutting or drilling. I know that to some people that seems stupid, but I never like to drill holes or cut things unless absolutely necessary. It makes returning the vehicle to stock (should I ever need to), much easier.

Anyways, I almost bought the Rugged Ridge CB radio mount that installs on the dash with no drilling. However, someone brought to my attention a lesser known CB radio mount called the Arizona Rocky Road CB radio mount.

I was a little hesitant at first since the website is a bit old and outdated, not to mention there aren't any very clear pictures of the mount. I ordered it though since I'd heard good things about it from people. It arrived very well packaged and very well documented with every single bit of hardware and wiring you need to install it. Needless to say, I'm very, very impressed!

Absolutely no drilling required. It literally bolts right in to the front hole of your soft top door surrounds. You can tell that while it is a very simple part, much care and thought went into the design. It sits just far enough back that it still allows full use of the sun visors, but not far enough back that it feels like it's in your way or obstructing your view. Additionally, all of the wiring for the CB radio runs inside of it (through a small hole) that allows for the wiring to be neatly tucked away, out of sight.

For roughly $70 plus shipping, this is a bargain if you ask me. Hands down this is one of the best 'cheap' mods I've done to my Wrangler so far. They make it for the Wrangler YJ, TJ and JK.

I highly recommend picking one of these up if you're looking for an elegant and clean way to mount your CB radio, that places it out of the way. Another huge plus about this mount is that it's much more than a CB radio mount. You can use it to mount all sorts of other things up and out of the way, including a HAM radio as well.

If interested, you can buy them here: http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/radiomounts.html

Lastly, here's a picture of the mount installed on my 2005 Wrangler Rubicon.

IMG_4341.JPG

Arizona Rocky Road makes really good antenna mounts as well.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for sharing. I'm interested in mounting mounting both the CB & the HAM Radios.

I understand that I will need to get a license for the HAM radio. Do you think this will work in my 10-A? Mine came with the Freedom Top.

Security in Miami, is another issue, I have seen the mount that goes from the center of the roll bar right above the rear view mirror, however, they are more expensive and a bit more complicated to install.

Please advise,

ELBRAVO / AKA / Rocky

Hello Chris,

Thank you for sharing. I'm interested in mounting mounting both the CB & the HAM Radios.

I understand that I will need to get a license for the HAM radio. Do you think this will work in my 10-A? Mine came with the Freedom Top.

Security in Miami, is another issue, I have seen the mount that goes from the center of the roll bar right above the rear view mirror, however, they are more expensive and a bit more complicated to install.

Please advise,

ELBRAVO / AKA / Rocky

Rocky,

I am 110% certain that the Arizona Rocky Road CB radio mount will work in your 10 A with or without the freedom top. You'll love it too, it's a very well built and easy to install mount. You can easily mount both a CB and a HAM radio to it as well.

That's really nice. I've been needed a new once ever since mine broke. I will have to look into this for sure.

Reactions: Chris
Thank you for sharing with all concerned. You are definitely engaged with your Fourum Members and have a Lot of Experience with a Wide Spectrum of Subject Matter.
Stay Safe!
ELBRAVO AKA Rocky

Thank you for sharing with all concerned. You are definitely engaged with your Fourum Members and have a Lot of Experience with a Wide Spectrum of Subject Matter.
Stay Safe!
ELBRAVO AKA Rocky

Thanks Rocky, I appreciate the kind words! You do the same as well.

Hello Chris and Happy New Year,

I received a gift today unexpectedly. It is a brand new UNIDEN PRO 510 CB today and I need some advice.

1. I need to mount it.

2. I am thinking ahead and am considering installing a 6 switch S PRO unit, however, I can't afford it.

3. I recently installed 2 HID backup lights that are currently wired into my backup lights. They work Great! So I will most likely be adding 2 additional lights to the 10- A Front Stubby Bumper.

4. I don't know if I should wait to install the S PRO and hold off on the CB project so that I can have an organized and Safe Electric Power Busbar.

Please advise.

All the Best,
ROCK aka ELBRAVO Miami Florida

What is a 6 switch S pro unit?

I would just install the CB if I were you. Do you have a plan on where you want to mount it?

CB power connector wiring should be connected directly to the battery or the Power Distribution Center input power connection stud (easier) so they don't pick up electrical noise like is present on some of the Jeep's electrical circuits. So I wouldn't wait on the S-Pro (whatever that is) to install the CB.

The PDC's input power stud is under a small snap-off cover at the rear of the PDC, closest to the battery. There's a nut on the stud you remove to connect the power wire to. And there's no need to worry about the CB draining the battery if you forget to shut it off, modern CBs don't draw much power at all if they're left on... it would take weeks for it to be able to drain the battery. :)