Arkansas mud

Hey Hey from NEA! I just bought my TJ, stock suspension for now but will be out in the mud as soon as i can get that corrected! Still trying to decide how much lift and what size tires, i don't want to bog her down too much... thinking 3" with 33" right now...

Reactions: CptnMurica
Hey Hey from NEA! I just bought my TJ, stock suspension for now but will be out in the mud as soon as i can get that corrected! Still trying to decide how much lift and what size tires, i don't want to bog her down too much... thinking 3" with 33" right now...
Hey man! Iā€™m in nwa. Modding out the jeep can get convoluted. I would probably start with a bucket list of what type of jeeping your gonna do. Ie fire roads, trails, rock crawling, creeks, mud. Thatā€™ll get you a started on ideas. Itā€™s a nasty rabbit hole anything over 32s and 1.5-2ā€ suspension. Lots of threads and pros here that can help you. I have an over built trail rig and stay off the Billy goat stuff. But I wheel hard and push that threshold. You can see what I have added in my profile. Itā€™s perfect for my area less true rock crawling
The h r springs 1ā€and crager steel 16ā€ wheels 4.5 backset, 32x 10.5 8 works perfect no rub and stuffs tires fine. Sits low and tight. Rancho rs5000x 0-2 shocks are great. For a mild build. Ultimately 33s and related with a 4.0 is the goal for the advanced wheeling. Cheers man.

Last edited:
@CptnMurica I definitely understand! It's tough to fight the "bigger is better" Tim the Tool-Man urges! lol... I was watching some local videos of trail rides and they were crawling over quite a few downed trees, was thinking i would need the clearance for that, and like I said, I definitely do not want to go so big it bogs her down... and that will probably be most of my wheeling... local trails.

Reactions: CptnMurica
@CptnMurica I definitely understand! It's tough to fight the "bigger is better" Tim the Tool-Man urges! lol... I was watching some local videos of trail rides and they were crawling over quite a few downed trees, was thinking i would need the clearance for that, and like I said, I definitely do not want to go so big it bogs her down... and that will probably be most of my wheeling... local trails.
I live right next to the Ozark-St Francis forest buckhorn area. I have run stock jeeps of various kinds with 31s 10.5 8. 16yrs And never had an issue with open differentials. Or had a problem. I just dance around the big stuff. When my yj got rolled I started on this one and crossed over. Itā€™s a little monster. I honestly didnā€™t need the 32s and I am in all kinds of stuff every weekend. Im a local jeep guide for my group nwa jeep club. 101,201 stuff. Here is my rig with 31s and 1ā€ h r springs. It was great. I ran around hot springs off road park and snake no problem. Didnā€™t affect the gearing and gas mileage. Once I jumped up to 32s it dogged me a bit and mpg went down. 2.5 engine. Itā€™s a dedicated wheeler. Not my daily. So meh I keep a chainsaw in case I run into and fallen trees. Im not going any higher. Not needed for what I do. I can still get my old butt up in it. Lol
Here is me going thru nasty mud holes. Works great. The winch is new and I have used it several times. I recommend.

1F346F4C-F2F9-4E14-87AE-AE34521E437F.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5079.MOV
    17.5 MB