Armorlite available for TJ/LJs

psrivats

Team green shackle
Supporting Member
This seems to be a newer addition to the carpet replacement aftermarket options. Looks like an all-in-one combination of weathertech mats + nicer version of bedrug.. seems to be quite popular in the newer jeeps/trucks.

https://goarmorlite.com/

Does anyone here have this thing on your newer vehicles? I still think mass backed carpet + weathertech mats is the way to go. But for a purely trail rig, this might work?

1661464670187.png

Last edited:
A little pricey at $700 for a complete kit for the TJ, but maybe worth it? How much thicker/better contoured do you think it will be vs. Bedtred?

Reactions: TheBoogieman
A little pricey at $700 for a complete kit for the TJ, but maybe worth it? How much thicker/better contoured do you think it will be vs. Bedtred?

This thing is supposed to be 1" thick for all of it. Quite a bit more than bedrug+weatherlite I think? I'll go look at my jeep later, but I am sure it is not 1" in mine.

Did see these pics on some gladiator forum - stock (left) vs armorlite (right) on top photo.
edit - RIght is armorlite, left is stock

One thing I like is that they put in drain holes through the entire thing.

1661467045189.png

1661467157473.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bobthetj03
This thing is supposed to be 1" thick for all of it. Quite a bit more than bedrug+weatherlite I think? I'll go look at my jeep later, but I am sure it is not 1" in mine.

Did see these pics on some gladiator forum - stock (left) vs armorlite (right) on top photo.

View attachment 353902

View attachment 353904
I believe if I had that I would just put axles under it and drive it around.

This seems to be a newer addition to the carpet replacement aftermarket options. Looks like an all-in-one combination of weathertech mats + nicer version of bedrug.. seems to be quite popular in the newer jeeps/trucks.

https://goarmorlite.com/

Does anyone here have this thing on your newer vehicles? I still think mass backed carpet + weathertech mats is the way to go. But for a purely trail rig, this might work?

View attachment 353895

It probably helps some, but one of the benefits to a true mass backed system is attachment to the thing that’s going to make the noise. With dynamat (and ask the others) you change the mass of the panel, plus the butyl rubber has a dampening characteristic in and of itself. It can’t rattle if it doesn’t resonant.

Reactions: psrivats and AndyG
Thanks for posting, I’d be interested in trying this as long as it doesn’t weigh a million pounds which I don’t think it does. I’d love a way to get rid of carpet without sacrificing insulation.

Reactions: taylormade73

View attachment 353902

View attachment 353904

Sri, what is right and what is left in the top photo? It looks like armorlite on the left based on their product info.

Sri, what is right and what is left in the top photo? It looks like armorlite on the left based on their product info.

You are right .. I messed up left vs right when I wrote 😂

will add an edit to the orig point

Left = armorlite, right= stock

Last edited:
Reactions: taylormade73
Thanks for posting, I’d be interested in trying this as long as it doesn’t weigh a million pounds which I don’t think it does. I’d love a way to get rid of carpet without sacrificing insulation.

For your use .. this might be a better option than bedliner or just having bedrug only. Bunch of reviews on JL/JL/JT forums, check and out ..

Last edited: