Assistance with lift

Cole

TJ Enthusiast
Instead of hijacking another thread here we go... Was doing some reading on lifts and shocks and such today and decided to ask around to see how/what lift I had. My guess from the responses is I'm going to need to start from scratch. So here I am. Advice is WELCOME!!
Springs are 12 inches. BB is 3 inches. I don't want to lose much height, but I want this done right. First Jeep (we all gotta learn sometime) and I would say 60/40 fun riding/off roading. Not a ton of rough, Rocky terrain here, more fields, some streams etc. Don't need the best and baddest but want serviceable.

Annnnnnd... Go.

7CFF4241-D0DC-4118-8308-5C8032012648.jpeg

C7220465-6749-47A0-B030-8C816657E941.jpeg

Whatever it needs to be to get it done correctly.

I mean. I'm not looking to go wild here, but I don't want to run into issues.
Well, you can do it correctly for 3 grand or 250 bucks. There is such a huge range: 2" spacers and new shocks; BDS coils and Rancho 5000X shocks; full OME kit; Currie/Savvy lift with fully adjustable control arms.

If you want a nice riding rig for a reasonable price I would recommend what I run; BDS 2" coils with a .75" spacer in front, Rancho RS 5000X shocks, JKS track bar, rear relocation bracket, longer bump stops, JKS disconnects, longer rear sway bar links. About 800 for everything.

Well, you can do it correctly for 3 grand or 250 bucks. There is such a huge range: 2" spacers and new shocks; BDS coils and Rancho 5000X shocks; full OME kit; Currie/Savvy lift with fully adjustable control arms.

If you want a nice riding rig for a reasonable price I would recommend what I run; BDS 2" coils with a .75" spacer in front, Rancho RS 5000X shocks, JKS track bar, rear relocation bracket, longer bump stops, JKS disconnects, longer rear sway bar links. About 800 for everything.

That is a really good setup. You will also need to fix your jounce problems and add some bump stops, but those are very minimal in cost.

Reactions: Rob5589 and Cole
Old man emu sport kit is 890 I think? 2.5” lift and tried and true. Won’t let you down on or off road.

I don't think the OME lift comes with a front adjustable track bar so you'll need to add that if the axle offset bothers you, unless you already have one installed. Most people that do a budget boost don't though.

Reactions: Rob5589
Quick question to all you knowledgeable people out there.. I will probably plan on doing this sometime mid summer.. Basically what @CodaMan listed above

1) Pro Comp 2" Springs (Front) — EXP55297
2) Pro Comp 2" Springs (Rear) — EXP55298
3) Rancho RS5000X Shocks (2 Front) — RS55239
4) Rancho RS5000X Shocks (2 Rear) — RS55241
5) Daystar.75" Spacers — KJ09108BK (note: only used above front springs for leveling)

Being that there is a 3 inch BB right now and the springs are only a 2'' lift, will I need to anything with the current sway bars. Don't have disconnects yet... may be though I'll do those when I do the springs/shocks. But, let's say I keep them as is now... Will I need to replace them if I'm losing an inch?

Sway bar shouldn't be a problem. When you get the lift in just look at the front sway bar and it should be pretty close to horizontal or even high at the link end up to 5 degrees or so.

Reactions: Cole
Did you buy it with the lift already installed?

What size tires does it have now?

What size tires do you want to have?

Did you buy it with the lift already installed?

What size tires does it have now?

What size tires do you want to have?
Yeah I bought it with the lift it has now installed.

I've got 33x12.5 and plan on keeping the same tires. Brand new outside of what I put on them last year.

Yeah I bought it with the lift it has now installed.

I've got 33x12.5 and plan on keeping the same tires. Brand new outside of what I put on them last year.

Again, this is why we should always ask questions.

A 2” lift is not enough to run 33” tires unless you always drive on perfectly paved roads.

I’ll ask some more questions after I get to work.

You said springs are 12”. I’m going to assume that’s just the front, and the rear is 8”?

Stock control arms all around?

Is the transfer case lowered?

Stock front trackbar?

Correct. The springs are stock, or are at least the stock measurements all around. The PO put on the 3 inch BB and "supreme suspension" shocks, which are ALL but supreme... :)

Yes - Stock control arms

Transfer case - No, not that I know of.

Front track bar, yes, stock.

My preference would be to replace the 3 inch BB the PO put on because from what I've read, and been told, that's pretty damn massive. New shocks and springs all around too. I do some off roading, although around here there aren't any rock climbers or anything like that, mostly mud/dirt type of things.