Assistance with lift

Correct. The springs are stock, or are at least the stock measurements all around. The PO put on the 3 inch BB and "supreme suspension" shocks, which are ALL but supreme... :)

Yes - Stock control arms

Transfer case - No, not that I know of.

Front track bar, yes, stock.

My preference would be to replace the 3 inch BB the PO put on because from what I've read, and been told, that's pretty damn massive. New shocks and springs all around too. I do some off roading, although around here there aren't any rock climbers or anything like that, mostly mud/dirt type of things.

Do you know if it's been regeared for the 33s?

Knowing that you are keeping the 33s, there is work to be done. Like Rob said above, we need a realistic budget that includes labor unless you are certain that you are doing everything yourself.

No, it hasn't been regeared. It also isn't my daily driver..

I'll be doing the work myself with assistance, but nothing will be done in a shop. As far as budget, I was hoping to not spend an arm and a leg, but enough to get the new shocks and springs in there and get rid of the BB. But if we're starting to look at over 1,000 or so then that's not something I'm real happy about. haha! I don't need the baddest Jeep around, and although I do want this to be done correctly, there isn't any rush on my end..

No, it hasn't been regeared. It also isn't my daily driver..

I'll be doing the work myself with assistance, but nothing will be done in a shop. As far as budget, I was hoping to not spend an arm and a leg, but enough to get the new shocks and springs in there and get rid of the BB. But if we're starting to look at over 1,000 or so then that's not something I'm real happy about. haha! I don't need the baddest Jeep around, and although I do want this to be done correctly, there isn't any rush on my end..

If $1,000 is expensive to you, then we really need to adjust our thinking here. For that kind of budget and to be safe with running the 33s, I would probably suggest something like the Zone Combo lift. It's a 3" suspension lift paired with a 1.25" body lift. Add a JKS or Metalcloak adjustable front trackbar and some replacement jounce bumpers and you are right around $900.

http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-4.25in-suspension-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler/j25-j26

Reactions: Cole
It's not that the price is too high, it's that this isn't my daily driver, there aren't many gnarly off roading options available here. While I do what to fix the problem I have, I don't also want to dump a lot of cash into things that aren't necessarily needed for how I use my Jeep..

So if collective minds that know waaaaaaay more about this than I do right now are saying.. I can't do what was originally posted by @CodaMan because it won't be drive-able then I will do what I need to do. But if it's just going to prevent me from doing rock climbing and some pretty intense stuff, that's not anything I will be doing around here.

Quick question to all you knowledgeable people out there.. I will probably plan on doing this sometime mid summer.. Basically what @CodaMan listed above

1) Pro Comp 2" Springs (Front) — EXP55297
2) Pro Comp 2" Springs (Rear) — EXP55298
3) Rancho RS5000X Shocks (2 Front) — RS55239
4) Rancho RS5000X Shocks (2 Rear) — RS55241
5) Daystar.75" Spacers — KJ09108BK (note: only used above front springs for leveling)

Being that there is a 3 inch BB right now and the springs are only a 2'' lift, will I need to anything with the current sway bars. Don't have disconnects yet... may be though I'll do those when I do the springs/shocks. But, let's say I keep them as is now... Will I need to replace them if I'm losing an inch?
Solid set up. First off, you probably won't lose an inch as your springs are likely sagged. Sway bar links will work but, they are really too short with nearly 3" of lift in front. You may need to address track bars. I did with the same height so I ran a bracket in rear and a JKS track bar in front. You will need to check bump stops for proper length.

It's not that the price is too high, it's that this isn't my daily driver, there aren't many gnarly off roading options available here. While I do what to fix the problem I have, I don't also want to dump a lot of cash into things that aren't necessarily needed for how I use my Jeep..

So if collective minds that know waaaaaaay more about this than I do right now are saying.. I can't do what was originally posted by @CodaMan because it won't be drive-able then I will do what I need to do. But if it's just going to prevent me from doing rock climbing and some pretty intense stuff, that's not anything I will be doing around here.

I'm aware that it's not your daily driver. My TJ isn't my daily driver either and I live in Florida. There are not many gnarly off roading options available here either. Do you have speed bumps and potholes in Minnesota? If so, then you want your suspension to be set up correctly for 33" tires.

Codaman has 32" tires, and all previous suggestions were made before you said that you had 33" tires.

Sadly, there are many a potholes here.

Alrighty. That's my fault for not specifying. I take it it isn't as simple as getting the 2 inch lifted springs as suggested and adding an inch or .75 spacer to level out the front? That would put it to where I sit now with the 3 inch BB. If that is completely wrong, then what would be the recommendation as to what I need to do to make this work?

Alrighty. That's my fault for not specifying.

It's not your fault if you don't know. It would be beneficial to get a full rundown of your Jeep in your profile though.

Then what would be the recommendation as to what I need to do to make this work?

If $1,000 is expensive to you, then we really need to adjust our thinking here. For that kind of budget and to be safe with running the 33s, I would probably suggest something like the Zone Combo lift. It's a 3" suspension lift paired with a 1.25" body lift. Add a JKS or Metalcloak adjustable front trackbar and some replacement jounce bumpers and you are right around $900.

http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-4.25in-suspension-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler/j25-j26

If it were me I’d save what you can and get a reputable lift. Your ride quality is one of the most important aspects to these TJs. Don’t rush into buying a lift because it is what you can afford at this moment. If the Jeep is ok to drive for now until you have the cash for a quality lift just wait. Also if the 33s are fairly new put a feeler out on Craigslist and I would look into getting some 32s; this all boils down to you selling the 33s. If you can swing it I still say the OME 2.5” sport lift and 32s is the way to go, with a 3/4” spacer up front to eliminate the rake you will have. Seems like a lot of leg work, but 33” tires will not fit with a 2” lift.

Reactions: Serbonze
Sadly, if you want to do it right, it’s going to cost you upwards of $1000.00.

Believe me, it sucks the big one.

If it was me, I’d get a price for 32’s or even 31’s. And then sell the 33’s to help offset the cost of the suspension.

I’m also going to guess that the cost of new tires is going to run you $700 and up.

Isn’t the Zone suspension kit a popular budget friendly lift that’s of good quality?

Sadly, there are many a potholes here.

Alrighty. That's my fault for not specifying. I take it it isn't as simple as getting the 2 inch lifted springs as suggested and adding an inch or .75 spacer to level out the front? That would put it to where I sit now with the 3 inch BB. If that is completely wrong, then what would be the recommendation as to what I need to do to make this work?

You are installing good stuff. It just isn't enough for 33's. Spend another 120 bucks and install a 1.25" body lift and you are good for 33's. Just because, measure the current lift from bottom of spring to top of spacer, leaving out the rubber isolator, and see where you are at. May give you an idea of what the new pieces will provide.

You are installing good stuff. It just isn't enough for 33's. Spend another 120 bucks and install a 1.25" body lift and you are good for 33's. Just because, measure the current lift from bottom of spring to top of spacer, leaving out the rubber isolator, and see where you are at. May give you an idea of what the new pieces will provide.
Okay. this makes sense to me after a few beers and research last night. I can still do what I was planning, but just need to do a body lift as well.. I'd prefer that than selling a brand new set of tires, then buying another set of brand new tires, etc.

I think. hahaha. I should have started learning about Jeep things when I was a child I think.

Reactions: Rob5589
I am at about $1050 in lift related parts to run 33's without issue.

BDS 3" front springs - $120
BDS 2" rear springs - $115
BDS 5500 shocks (or Rancho 5000x) - $200
JKS front track bar - $240
JKS rear track bar - $200 (could use a $50 bracket instead)
Body lift (1") - $100
JKS MML - $75
Aluminum bump stops - $0

Then there's gearing, AntiRock, steering, brakes, etc...

After finding and reading through the "A beginners guide to lifting your Jeep" (wish I would have found that earlier) I think I'm probably going to end up going with the OME 2.5 lift and a 1 - 1.5 inch BL. We'll see if I end up needing track bars, it seems like it's some do, some don't..

Reactions: minimull
After finding and reading through the "A beginners guide to lifting your Jeep" (wish I would have found that earlier) I think I'm probably going to end up going with the OME 2.5 lift and a 1 - 1.5 inch BL. We'll see if I end up needing track bars, it seems like it's some do, some don't..
I just did what you're planning to do, 33s with a 2-2.5 suspension lift and 1.25" body lift. I followed this recipe: affordable but quality 2.5" lift
Check out the link to my build thread for my TJ in my signature if you'd like. Track bars weren't necessary. I went with a motor mount lift hoping to not have to drop my transfer case, but I still had to drop it a little to get rid of some driveline vibes. Also, don't forget bump stops or at least to cycle your suspension and check if you need them.