At least Walmart is getting better prepared

cliffish

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
I saw this outside a local Walmart...at least now they are saving a parking spot for law enforcement for the inevitable shooting that will occur.
walmart.JPG

I remember when police used to have partners but since that word now seems to be part of the homosexual lifestyle I'm not sure what walmart's law enforcement partners are. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as they feel special.

No I'm not trying to insult anyone. It may have happened but it's not my goal.

Target has those in my city as well. They've had them for years.

Walmart is a cesspool though. That place should just pay the city to have a cop working their full time.

Reactions: Equilibrium31
We go to our local Wal Mart every couple of months, and dread each visit. The employees are nice, but the other customers drive me crazy. On our last visit, I noticed a big change in their security measures. One-way gate at the entrance, so you have to leave through the register area, multiple signs stating you are being recorded, and have our cart checked to see if it matched our receipt. They've always had cameras, but I never noticed the signs stating you're being filmed.

I'm guessing their loss prevention department was asked to make changes to decrease thefts.

I make a monthly trip to my WalMart and usually go early Sunday mornings... get there around 6 am and you own the store. Just you and the stockers. Only thing I have to look out for is the big fire station around the corner. They'll drive every piece of equipment they have over there and park right in front of the store to do their station grocery shopping. Always nice when I beat them.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Ugh, I hate Walmart so much. One of the things I love about living in the Twin Cities is that it's the home of Target headquarters, so Targets are everywhere and Walmarts are pretty sparse, so I rarely step foot in one anymore.

My local Walmart is the nicest Walmart I've ever been to. Now remember I did say "nicest Walmart". When I go in other locations I am reminded of how most suck.

They have recently asking random people to check receipts. I just say, "no, I scanned everything" and keep walking.

Ask if they have a warrant, they cannot check your items unless they have reason to. Just because they are not cops, they still cannot search you without cause.

United States VS Jacobsen 466 US 109 119 (1984) ~ A wrongful Search or Seizure conducted by a private party does not violate the 4th Amendment. ;)

Ask if they have a warrant, they cannot check your items unless they have reason to. Just because they are not cops, they still cannot search you without cause.

Legal or not, it wasn't a strip search, just a quick check to see if the bigger items not bagged were listed on the receipt.

The Walmart about 2 miles from my house is pretty much a decent store to shop at but they do like to check your receipt as if they have any idea whats really happening. There is one in a small city about 15 miles south of me that has the new "gates" but they aren't in use. It's better than mine and I've never had a receipt checked when leaving there.

My biggest problem with Walmart is the other three stores within 10 miles of me. I haven't been to any of them lately because when I did go it was like going to a third world country. Honestly I never expected Rapid Transit Riders to make it seem that way but I don't see me ever parking my soft top Rubicon there if I ever go back.

I always tell them no thank you. I once had the retiree looking at receipts run out the door after me and write down my license plate.
Perfectly legal, your license plate has no expectation of privacy. They may hold you if they have reason (video etc) under the “shopkeepers privilege”, yet there are limitations to that.

The Walmart about 2 miles from my house is pretty much a decent store to shop at but they do like to check your receipt as if they have any idea whats really happening. There is one in a small city about 15 miles south of me that has the new "gates" but they aren't in use. It's better than mine and I've never had a receipt checked when leaving there.

My biggest problem with Walmart is the other three stores within 10 miles of me. I haven't been to any of them lately because when I did go it was like going to a third world country. Honestly I never expected Rapid Transit Riders to make it seem that way but I don't see me ever parking my soft top Rubicon there if I ever go back.
The one near my work is in a sketchy town, going in there at "welfare check time" of the month and the place is a zoo. I am always amazed at the "full families" shopping in there during the middle of the work day...all on the Iphone 11 and paying with their snap card.