Atlas (not what you think)

DrDmoney

🫤
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
The Comet Atlas will be visible in the northern sky around May 1st, it’s closest approach to earth will be on May 23 and the Sun on the 31st. Comet C/2019 Y4 was discovered in December by ATLAS Asteroid Terestrial-Impact Laser Alert System. Also 2 meteor showers in April. Whoo-hoo

1585713487326.gif

Edit: and a pink moon!

Last edited:
Is it an Atlas 4-speed or 2-speed? ;)

With all the social distancing going on, maybe I need to head out to the middle of nowhere to find some clear skies with no light pollution.
I live far enough away from the cities and towns that I get a good view of the night sky, so I’ll be sitting in the spa drinking a cocktail looking for it.

I live far enough away from the cities and towns that I get a good view of the night sky, so I’ll be sitting in the spa drinking a cocktail looking for it.

Lucky you! I'm guessing I'd have to head 100 miles from here to find some place without enough light pollution that I could actually see the night sky well enough.

hopefully ill be able to see it, Last december i got a Orion 102mm Maksutov Cassegrain. The only problem is that i live in a heavily polluted area. Im only able to see magnitudes lower than 5 or 4.

Reactions: DrDmoney