Audio interrupt

DWR

TJ Enthusiast
I’ve been thinking about getting this thing called an audio interrupt for a little while. For those who haven’t heard of it, it mutes your stereo music briefly so it can play incoming CB transmissions on it instead. It sounds like a great idea, especially having noisy MT tires.

Anyway, if anyone has any experience with; what do you think? Like it, love it, hate it? Which interrupt module did you go with? Also any guidance on which module I should choose would be great! (uniden 520xl)

Reactions: Chris

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
I almost went with a "through the speakers" lashup myself, but in the end went with an external speaker as I won't play the stereo while I'm on comms anyway, and its one less thing to turn on. YMMV and all that.

OP
DWR

DWR

TJ Enthusiast
I almost went with a "through the speakers" lashup myself, but in the end went with an external speaker as I won't play the stereo while I'm on comms anyway, and its one less thing to turn on. YMMV and all that.

Mine cuts on with the stereo anyway and I always play music. Really dont want to add something else to take up space.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
Makes sense for your situation! I put an external CB speaker in the center console as I don't have a sub woofer.

OP
DWR

DWR

TJ Enthusiast
Got a random notification that this thread was moved... still curious if anyone has experience with this device though

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
Got a random notification that this thread was moved... still curious if anyone has experience with this device though
I'd be interested too. I'm now thinking of use a couple to "cascade" my ham and GMRS radios to the afore mentioned CB external speaker.

Reactions: DWR

rjinaz86323

Grasslands of Arizona
Supporting Member
Since I don't have music on while off-roading I run a cable from my CB to the AUX in on my aftermarket head unit and just set it to AUX so my CB plays through my stereo speakers.

AuTE5yQh.jpg