Auto A/C PAD Connectors - what sizes in TJ's?

Bammo68

TJ Enthusiast
Another in my ongoing inquiries to solve my quest of adding Aircon to a '99TJ RHD.

I have a bit of a mixed bag of parts in my TJ with a condenser that is fitted with a pair of the PAD type connections, a liquid line that has PAD connections and other lines that use the push fit connectors. From what I can see, the PAD type connectors seem to come in two flavours: a Large (for high side) and a Small (for low side) but the spacing of the Large connectors seems to have 2 variants. Naturally I have the wrong variant! I am theorising here that the reason for the two different sizes of PAD connectors might be that one is for R12 style systems and they made the R134 connectors with a very slightly different spacing to prevent cross-patching but that might be baloney.

Can anyone who knows about such things comment - is there a beginners guide to what connectors to use anywhere? I'm looking to buy a PAD connector that fits my '99 compressor and have that connect to an aftermarket hose that I have made up but all the PAD connectors I can buy new come with a #8 MIOR screw type fitting on them. I'm hoping that PAD connector will fit my compressor but unsure how to tell. It does come in two types - one for R12 systems and one for R134 systems

The PAD connector looks like this and the PAD adapter to MIOR looks like that:

PAD.jpg

PAD 2.jpg