Auto Custom Carpet

Serbonze

TJ Neophyte
Supporting Member
I would like to replace the carpet in my 2001 Sahara. It has the Spice interior so I’ve only found one replacement, from Auto Custom Carpet.

https://www.accmats.com/commerce/2001/Jeep/Wrangler/Flooring/22529/

Have any of you ever seen their product or been in a Jeep with it? It’s kind of a big ticket item so I would love to get some feedback prior to making a purchase.

I wish Bedrug made a tan option. With the Spice Corbeau seats and white dogs that shed like crazy I don’t want black carpet in there.

Have you thought about the Bed Tred vs Bed Rug? It would still be black, but would be way easier to clean dog hair from. I have the tan interior and the Bed Tred looks great. I did switch to black seats though, but even with the original tan it looked good.

ac1e72960355abf045dfa9dbcf251225.jpg

3f4f98318cc1475e3721d3e9935829e6.jpg

I would like to replace the carpet in my 2001 Sahara. It has the Spice interior so I’ve only found one replacement, from Auto Custom Carpet.

https://www.accmats.com/commerce/2001/Jeep/Wrangler/Flooring/22529/

Have any of you ever seen their product or been in a Jeep with it? It’s kind of a big ticket item so I would love to get some feedback prior to making a purchase.

I wish Bedrug made a tan option. With the Spice Corbeau seats and white dogs that shed like crazy I don’t want black carpet in there.
Spice is one of the greatest interior colors IMO and so hard to find aftermarket. Shame there isnt more support for thr Spice.

Reactions: Serbonze
Have you thought about the Bed Tred vs Bed Rug? It would still be black, but would be way easier to clean dog hair from. I have the tan interior and the Bed Tred looks great. I did switch to black seats though, but even with the original tan it looked good.

I don’t want black.

Edit....and before anyone else posts lol..

Yes, I want carpet.
No, I’m not going to rip out the carpet and line it.

My only concern is would it match up close to thr OEM color. Do they have a return policy?

They have two “tan” options. I was going to call and see if they will send me samples (Corbeau did) so that I can pick, if that’s the route that I go. I’ll certainly ask about a return policy, and if it’s a shitty policy I’ll just order the rocker panel pieces to limit the initial investment. However, if someone already has experience with them and is adamantly against the product I would rather know so I don’t have to go through the hassle. :)

Reactions: Fouledplugs
It’s been awhile, but I finally got around to ordering some samples. They allow five, so if I don’t find any out of this batch that I like I’ll order another set.

The good thing I guess is that I’m not trying to match my existing carpet, just replace it and get something close to what’s in there now.

I received the samples, and I can say with 100% certainty that the year specific colors they offer are not close. I ordered another five samples last night.

I’m not concerned with matching the existing carpet since I’m replacing it all, but I would like it to be in the same tone as the Corbeau seats and vinyl trim.

Just fyi, the Bed Rug is more of a gray than solid black. But probably still too dark for what you want. A quick search found this place, https://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCarpet.asp?Itemid=2733&ModelId=256. I didn't specifically see "spice" listed but they have a bunch of colors. Significantly cheaper as well.
Hey, @Serbonze, I bought an upgraded carpet kit from the guys @Rob5589 mentioned for my '01 Mazda Protégé. I will say that while it wasn't as good as the OEM carpet was for fit, it was well worth the price. The quality was good, and I was satisfied with the purchase. While it's apples and oranges as for vehicles, the product should be similar. Might want t o check into it.

Based on part numbers the StockInteriors carpet is made by ACC. RockAuto beats StockInteriors by $123 delivered. I bought the Essex mass backed kit through RockAuto and the quality is head and shoulders above Bed Rug and OEM Mopar.

Hey, @Serbonze, I bought an upgraded carpet kit from the guys @Rob5589 mentioned for my '01 Mazda Protégé. I will say that while it wasn't as good as the OEM carpet was for fit, it was well worth the price. The quality was good, and I was satisfied with the purchase. While it's apples and oranges as for vehicles, the product should be similar. Might want t o check into it.

I’m still waiting on the samples from them. :)

Reactions: Squatch
Based on part numbers the StockInteriors carpet is made by ACC. RockAuto beats StockInteriors by $123 delivered. I bought the Essex mass backed kit through RockAuto and the quality is head and shoulders above Bed Rug and OEM Mopar.
In my case, the limiting factor was RockAuto didn't have the color I needed. @Serbonze might have the same issue. Otherwise, I always buy from RockAuto. They're my go-to establishment for most stuff.

That sandstone color looks very close the the factory khaki color carpet in mine. I’m curious to see how it actually fits.

I finally received the samples from Stock Interiors. I included the Medium Beige from ACC at the lower right, which is the closest match that I have found to my OE Camel carpet.

The medium beige from both companies is very similar. Based off of the samples that they sent (which is all that I can go by), ACC edges out SI for quality.

2FFDE82F-0C1E-42E1-B618-FB39E40579D6.jpeg
603FF6F7-437C-4958-9D9A-3FE6727CFA50.jpeg

I priced each as full replacement, added mass backing, and rocker panels.

Stock Interiors came out to $478 ($87.10 of that was shipping.

ACC through RockAuto came out to $374.46 ($13.99 of that was shipping).

I hope this helps anyone else that may be looking for replacement carpet.

I finally received the samples from Stock Interiors. I included the Medium Beige from ACC at the lower right, which is the closest match that I have found to my OE Camel carpet.

The medium beige from both companies is very similar. Based off of the samples that they sent (which is all that I can go by), ACC edges out SI for quality.

View attachment 61933 View attachment 61934

I priced each as full replacement, added mass backing, and rocker panels.

Stock Interiors came out to $478 ($87.10 of that was shipping.

ACC through RockAuto came out to $374.46 ($13.99 of that was shipping).

I hope this helps anyone else that may be looking for replacement carpet.
Nice comparison, @Serbonze. I'd think that would be very helpful if someone is looking to replace their carpet with something that appears closer to OEM than Bedrug (especially the color).