Auto part store brake calipers / rotors / pads

WallyWest

TJ Enthusiast
I don't care for the AutoZone, or wherever, store brand stuff for important parts that you want to last. But for a temp fix it should be fine.

OP
S.McArthur

S.McArthur

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Everything went together just fine, took the brake reservoir off and cleaned that out. I don’t understand how much junk got i there. It’s clean now, bled the lines until I had clear fluid, still have a little bit of a soft peddle. It stops fine, gets super firm until you start the engine. I may have just forgotten what the peddle felt like since I haven’t driven it in a few weeks.

WallyWest

TJ Enthusiast
Everything went together just fine, took the brake reservoir off and cleaned that out. I don’t understand how much junk got i there. It’s clean now, bled the lines until I had clear fluid, still have a little bit of a soft peddle. It stops fine, gets super firm until you start the engine. I may have just forgotten what the peddle felt like since I haven’t driven it in a few weeks.
Did you bed the pads real good? I always feel like the pedal is a bit soft after replacing pads until they're well bedded.

OP
S.McArthur

S.McArthur

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Did you bed the pads real good? I always feel like the pedal is a bit soft after replacing pads until they're well bedded.
I did about 10 aggressive stops (not complete stops) from 40mph, I didn't bleed the rear and my 4 year old was playing the jeep while I had the line off and hit the brake pedal. I'll look at that today, I kind of ran out of time yesterday afternoon.