Auto Transporters

Reliable carriers, amongst the best in business. Not cheap, but the drivers work directly for the company and there is zero ambiguity as to when your will get your car once it's picked up. I refuse deal with middle men brokers for car transportation and deal with the bs that ensues. I have used them three times and pleased with the service.

Uship is good if you can find someone that will directly transport the vehicle for you. Take your time to read the reviews.

Sound advice. Much appreciated.

Reactions: John Cooper

You are welcome. @mrblaine knows how good they are.

It's very surprising how few companies have drivers working directly for them. My brother's old employer would move him around in the US two times a year from 2017-2020, and while they paid for car shipping, the pain of getting it co-ordinated (both shipping and receiving) was just really awful. That's when I started looking into this more and found out how the entire industry seems to be structured in general.

To folks reading that think you can find a company willing to transport a car from coast to coast for under $1k, you absolutely can. But be prepared for the ambiguity and uncertainty in every step and with respect to the car's condition when you get it. That bs is not for me.

I only know one thing about car haulers, if they are good enough to haul a single car worth about 8 mil, they are more than good enough to tote a few Jeeps hither and yon.
The twin to this or darn close to it was inside the transport trailer when I peeked inside.

1671831546075.png

I only know one thing about car haulers, if they are good enough to haul a single car worth about 8 mil, they are more than good enough to tote a few Jeeps hither and yon.
The twin to this or darn close to it was inside the transport trailer when I peeked inside.

View attachment 386444

Not a bad ride...

Reliable carriers, amongst the best in business. Not cheap, but the drivers work directly for the company and there is zero ambiguity as to when your will get your car once it's picked up. I refuse deal with middle men brokers for car transportation and deal with the bs that ensues. I have used them three times and pleased with the service.

Uship is good if you can find someone that will directly transport the vehicle for you. Take your time to read the reviews.

Just for the fun of it, I requested an online quote from Reliable Carriers to transport my LJ in an enclosed trailer from Redding CA to Rancho Cucamonga CA (approx. 600 miles).

Drum roll please . . . . . . .

$2,848.00

I think I'll be driving it myself.

Just for the fun of it, I requested an online quote from Reliable Carriers to transport my LJ in an enclosed trailer from Redding CA to Rancho Cucamonga CA (approx. 600 miles).

Drum roll please . . . . . . .

$2,848.00

I think I'll be driving it myself.

So, arranging shipping for this Jeep from California to Ohio has turned out to be quite the adventure. After sifting through a lot of BS from haulers, brokers, bait and switch initial pricing and hidden broker fees, I have narrowed the search down to RoadRunner. Almost to the carrier, all of the others (except Reliable Carriers) quoted me a price around $1,100-1,250 to ship the Jeep. No company offered any price guarantee other than the two mentioned below.

RoadRunner actually took the time to ask me for measurements of the Jeep and tire size. They quoted $1,608. They gave a price guarantee in writing.

Please let me know if you have used RoadRunner and how that experience was for you. I have not committed to them yet.

FWIW, I reached out to Reliable Carriers, who do seem far and away the best choice in terms of quality of carrier, no haggle price, reliability and so on, but unfortunately they only offered enclosed carriers at a cost of $3,800 to ship the Jeep from California to Ohio.

When I told my wife the price from Reliable, she said, "Mike, it's not a Ferrari".

I almost slapped her :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
So, arranging shipping for this Jeep from California to Ohio has turned out to be quite the adventure. After sifting through a lot of BS from haulers, brokers, bait and switch initial pricing and hidden broker fees, I have narrowed the search down to RoadRunner. Almost to the carrier, all of the others (except Reliable Carriers) quoted me a price around $1,100-1,250 to ship the Jeep. No company offered any price guarantee.

RoadRunner actually took the time to ask me for measurements of the Jeep and tire size. They quoted $1,608. They gave a price guarantee in writing.

Please let me know if you have used RoadRunner and how that experience was for you. I have not committed to them yet.

FWIW, I reached out to Reliable Carriers, who do seem far and away the best choice in terms of quality of carrier, no haggle price, reliability and so on, but unfortunately they only offered enclosed carriers at a cost of $3,800 to ship the Jeep from California to Ohio.

When I told my wife the price from Reliable, she said, "Mike, it's not a Ferrari".

Mike when I worked for Hogan we moved cars for CarMax and so did Roadrunner.

That's the only thing I know about them, all their drivers were always super nice and clean!!!!!!!

Mike when I worked for Hogan we moved cars for CarMax and so did Roadrunner.

That's the only thing I know about them, all their drivers were always super nice and clean!!!!!!!

Good feedback. Thanks, John.

So, arranging shipping for this Jeep from California to Ohio has turned out to be quite the adventure. After sifting through a lot of BS from haulers, brokers, bait and switch initial pricing and hidden broker fees, I have narrowed the search down to RoadRunner. Almost to the carrier, all of the others (except Reliable Carriers) quoted me a price around $1,100-1,250 to ship the Jeep. No company offered any price guarantee other than the two mentioned below.

Wow, their prices seem to have gone up a lot since 2020 . My brother's car was shipped from NJ to CA for about half that through them in that time frame. The service was excellent. I did wait a couple weeks till they had a truck going that route.

Last summer I moved a vehicle from AZ to CA. Spent close to 1250 I think? I thought that was pretty good. Once again, I did wait a few weeks for that to happen till they had cars going that route already. This worked out good since they had an office and a giant lot to leave the car with them in Phoenix and I was able to get the car dropped at their facility and they had no issues holding to it till needed.

Please do update here as to how your experience with Road Runner goes if you choose them. As you've seen, most companies are just brokers with too much bs and inexact time-frames and I simply refuse to deal with that nonsense.

Last edited:
Wow, their prices seem to have gone up a lot since 2020 . My brother's car was shipped from NJ to CA for about half that through them in that time frame. The service was excellent.

Last summer I moved a vehicle from AZ to CA. Spent close to 1250 I think? I thought that was pretty good.

Please do update here as to how your experience with Road Runner goes is you choose them. As you've seen, most companies are just brokers with too much bs and inexact time-frames and I simply refuse to deal with that nonsense.

I will update this thread when the dust settles. Crossing my fingers all goes well.

@Mike Z Did you figure out who to use for vehicle transportation? Just remembered today and thought I would check back.

@Mike Z Did you figure out who to use for vehicle transportation? Just remembered today and thought I would check back.

I did. You have a good memory. I went with Sherpa Auto Transporters. They had excellent customer support and communicated with me throughout the process. They did not offer me a bait and switch price, but rather honored the original quoted amount to ship the Jeep. They have a tracking tool that I utilized, which was nice to be able to see exactly where my Jeep was at all times. The carrier showed up at the agreed upon time to deliver the Jeep and it was unharmed.

I did. You have a good memory. I went with Sherpa Auto Transporters. They had excellent customer support and communicated with me throughout the process. They did not offer me a bait and switch price, but rather honored the original quoted amount to ship the Jeep. They have a tracking tool that I utilized, which was nice to be able to see exactly where my Jeep was at all times. The carrier showed up at the agreed upon time to deliver the Jeep and it was unharmed.

Now if we could just get him out to play in it!¡!!! 🤣