I learned that my '89 Ford Ranger with a manual and a dead battery would not start when I coasted down hill from my house for about a block and it did not start. I blamed it on the battery being so dead that the electric fuel pump didn't run.
I walked home, got my car and jump started it, drove it home and charged the battery. It started right up with a jump, and kept running when I removed the jumper cables.

You got completely butt hurt when several of your claims about manual transmissions were shown to be incorrect. Like your claim only a TJ with a manual transmission can be push-started. You said "With a manual it can be push started, with an automatic you can't end of discussion." Was it nit-picking when several of us confirmed that you can indeed push-start automatics?

I would love to see anyone attempt to push start their automatic with a battery too weak to start the engine. You can possibly push it fast enough. I didn't say coast your jeep down a hill up to 30-40 mph. I said "push start" so I stand by my statement. Nice try though.

Since you and MrBlaine love your little scenarios, I set one up for you guys.

I have ten Jeep TJs and lined up on a long flat road. 5 are automatics and 5 are stick shifts. All have batteries too to weak to engage the starter. I will be down the road a mile waiting and they can only push start their jeeps under there own power. What order to you think they will arrive in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My buddy that I mentioned earlier in this thread is cussing his standard every time we off-road now (which is about every other weekend). He lifted his front wheels pretty far off the ground and had to back it off on some rocks that I had no problem with.