Autometer 8457 - factory looking transmission temp gauge

I wanted to put mine in front of the t-case handle but didn't want to loose that little storage pocket thing. I considered making a little plate to cover the hole and just make that shelf longer.

The rear housing on my gauge as pretty long and I lucked out on my measuring and drilling (which usually doesn't happen, LOL) the hole and didn't have to much inference with it. I did have to trim a little off the bottom of the cup that holds the gauge in place so it wouldn't hit.

I wanted to put mine in front of the t-case handle but didn't want to loose that little storage pocket thing. I considered making a little plate to cover the hole and just make that shelf longer.

The rear housing on my gauge as pretty long and I lucked out on my measuring and drilling (which usually doesn't happen, LOL) the hole and didn't have to much inference with it. I did have to trim a little off the bottom of the cup that holds the gauge in place so it wouldn't hit.

Ah...I forgot about that little change holder that we have. Looks like Jerry doesn't have it. I guess I wasn't lazy after all!

Reactions: MountaineerTom

I never use that storage area in the Jeep so I am OK if it become unusable. The angled rings that @Brianj5600 (thanks for sharing!) posted above should help if it doesn't eat up too much space in that area. This should be an interesting project for me .. feeling so cooped up in this rainy weather and any jeep time is time well spent!

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I put mine next to the rocker switches. Wasn’t sure if I’d like it so I spent $20 on the dash panel so I’d have a spare. Can’t read the 200 (top number) while seated but I know what it is if the needle points up.

365782B5-939B-4303-A4B6-B99F1F149FB5.jpeg

Old racing tip I've used on many applications. Turn the gauge so the needle is in the
up 12 o'clock position. When everything is running normal doing that you'll know at a glance things are OK without needing to read.