Explain Your Avatar / Forum Name

Screen name is a call sign a battalion commander gave me. Our paths had crossed in three separate incidents over about a three month period where I was able to fix a problem he had. Once back home, he saw me in formation and called me “The Fixer”, and it stuck. Team members burned it down to just “Fixer”, and over a radio I was “Fixer6”. What’s funny is getting a phone call at home 25 years later and somebody asking one my kids to speak to “Fixer6 actual”.
My avatar is my 2003 Rubicon
Great story!

Great story!
Thanks!
That guy and his aide were wounded and his driver was killed in an area where I happened to be at our first meeting. His Jeep was shot up and they were on foot, and already out of ammo when I found them. After securing the area, I managed to cob together a piece of brake line to use for a fuel line, and get it running just enough to get them and my guys out of there.

Those guys were damn lucky to have you on their side.
I was lucky to have had my Dad teach me to try and "fix it" before I replace it.
My Dad was a duct tape and bailing wire kind of guy. Growing up I had to figure out how things worked and then learn how to keep it going. We didnt have the money to do much else. Nothing will teach you faster than an overwhelming need to will.

My forum name is my radio call sign from my military days. Like a lot of people by the time the deployment was over most of my squad just used it to address me instead of my actual name. I always liked it so I didn't mind. As for my avatar, gotta' admit the beer brand was a partial reason I was given the call sign.

If I can ever find my squad t-shirt from my last deployment I need to take a picture of our logo as it has many of favorite things on it: a dog, a stetson, mug of hot coffee, and a victory cigar. If I find it, that's gonna be my permanent avatar.

EDIT: OK, so no coffee mug. I think that was on our logo in our windshields so the civilian contractors traveling with us could tell our trucks from all the other ones. Also, I apparently can't spell/type without at least 8 mugs of coffee in me.

Last edited:
Most forums that I join, I use some form of my actual name. If my name were John Smith, my user ID would be some variation of Johnsmith. For this forum I went a different direction.

My children are grown and out of the house (and off the payroll (y)). Two years ago we adopted a rescue dog and named him Luke. Last August we bought a Jeep. The picture below shows that Luke like's his first jeep.

LukesJeep.jpg

Most forums that I join, I use some form of my actual name. If my name were John Smith, my user ID would be some variation of Johnsmith. For this forum I went a different direction.

My children are grown and out of the house (and off the payroll (y)). Two years ago we adopted a rescue dog and named him Luke. Last August we bought a Jeep. The picture below shows that Luke like's his first jeep.

View attachment 75431
Great story behind your name.

Reactions: DrDmoney
My avatar is my 2000 Sport nicknamed J-Low, Spanish for yellow (longer story) and my handle is a couple of nicknames fused together Doctor or DR aside from being my initials was a nickname my riding buddies gave me while riding dirt bikes in the desert. We stopped to wipe the dirt off our teeth, a sand rail rolled nearby and the passenger who was strapped in grabbed the roll bar and almost severed her hand. I was an EMT at the time and I always take a first aid kit riding or wheeling, the bag had my initials D R and last name Rice they called me Doc or Doctor Rice. A work friend from WA state calls me D-Money. While drinking with both parties they put them together DrDmoney.

The "XI" is the Roman numeral for 11. My MOS in the Army was 11 Bravo.

"Sophos" is Latin for wisdom.

Effectively, my wisdom is hurry up and wait.

The Glen Campbell avatar I love for the sheer, gutteral, unabashed fury. That dude was pissed, and I chuckle every time I see it.
scares the crap out of me!o_O