Explain Your Avatar / Forum Name

My Avatar is my TJ out on the Arizona Four Peaks trail.

My name comes from my legal first name, KC.

I was truly named after the name of the company KC Hilites. My dad back in the 80s had them on his custom-built, lifted Chevy on 44" tires he built up with his own hands. (there weren't really any 'lift kits' back then and he had to fabricate everything himself!). Anyways, he liked the name KC and so here I am.

I also often get the question of "what does your name stand for?" and it does not stand for anything, hence the "No Dots" or in other words, no periods (Not abbreviations).

Good thing I like Jeeps and 4x4s. If i had another hobby, the KC name wouldn't be as cool and relevant. I always be sure to put KC lights on all my rigs. The classic rounds with KC stone guards so that my Jeep "has my name on it". :)

My name comes from when I was younger. I would go out and buy things like a riding mower or a weedwacker and tear it apart just to see how it worked - then build it into something new. Here’s a picture of me back in high school where I made a motorized bicycle with gear shifting and a belt clutch! Always building, breaking it, then trying again :) Also got a riding mower to 45 mph by modifying the transmission. Oh and my avatar is me staring at my girlfriend’s camera halfway through a 30ft jump LOL!
8C2EE2DC-1DCB-473E-9C6B-BAAD58698A94.jpeg

My name is an old AOL Instant Messanger handle. Dan is my first name, "of 76" came about because I had to have a number and, well, 1776 and all. I interchange between that handle and one about tacos, just depends on how I'm feeling when I sign up somewhere.

Avatar is just my TJ after I installed the lift kit and cleaned it all up. Later this year I aim to have a better picture, hopefully when it's sunny, with no top or doors and without any pavement in sight.

Igoo65 comes from my favorite cartoon in the 70s, The Herculoids! Igoo was the big rock ape and 65 is the year I was born. My avatar is my Jeep on its first run up Chinaman Gulch in Buena Vista, Colorado. Since then, my Jeep has been known as the Albino Rhino!
For those out there under 50, this is The Herculoids.

Last edited:
Though sometimes a bit mindless, M+A+S+H (using the proper *'s causes the text to switch to italics) is certainly one of my all-time favorite shows and my forum name is a play on the M+A+S+H character BJ Hunnicutt. TJ Hunnicutt (or, "Teej") is also the name of my TJ.

Waiting on putting in an avatar until after I get Teej's external appearance a bit more squared away (working on replacement wheels, for one thing).

Though sometimes a bit mindless, MASH is certainly one of my all-time favorite shows and my forum name is a play on the MASH character BJ Hunnicutt. TJ Hunnicutt (or, "Teej") is also the name of my TJ.

Waiting on putting in an avatar until after I get Teej's external appearance a bit more squared away (working on replacement wheels, for one thing).
This is usually a good time for the “Before” pictures.😀

This is usually a good time for the “Before” pictures.😀
Got some but, since I'm verboten from working on the Rubi until I get the '01 sold (it's getting really close...if I could just quit my job for a week :)), I won't have after pics for a while...kind of anti-climactic. I will do some B&A pics when I get there...promise!

Reactions: Chief Brohician
Got some but, since I'm verboten from working on the Rubi until I get the '01 sold (it's getting really close...if I could just quit my job for a week :)), I won't have after pics for a while...kind of anti-climactic. I will do some B&A pics when I get there...promise!

But but but we wanna be able to poke fun while it’s not how you want (how each of us feels posting our unfinished jeeps for the ever critical forum to see)

Ich verstehe

My relationship with my Dad wasn't the best. So when I had my 1st daughter I did not want to be called dad. I came up with Papa. One day outside of Clarksville TN I see a store named Paparock and it just stuck from there (I am retired Army and was in the gym all the time and out running etc). The 1 is only because Paparock was already taken on this forum. To this day when talking to me my 3 girls and 2 grand daughters call me Papa. My oldest grand daughter (5) said "I know why they call you Paparock, because your strong.... LOL

My avatar is awesome and represents my actual white jeep with angry eyes. One of the first mods I did. I wear it with honor LOL

My relationship with my Dad wasn't the best. So when I had my 1st daughter I did not want to be called dad. I came up with Papa. One day outside of Clarksville TN I see a store named Paparock and it just stuck from there (I am retired Army and was in the gym all the time and out running etc). The 1 is only because Paparock was already taken on this forum. To this day when talking to me my 3 girls and 2 grand daughters call me Papa. My oldest grand daughter (5) said "I know why they call you Paparock, because your strong.... LOL

My avatar is awesome and represents my actual white jeep with angry eyes. One of the first mods I did. I wear it with honor LOL
Thank you for your service, Sir! I'm glad to hear that you are making every effort to be a better father to your children that, perhaps, yours was to you...I know they appreciate it now and will, even more so, in the future.

I was into military deuce and a half trucks long before I got into Jeeps (actually still have one). The 2½ ton multi-fuel diesel trucks from the mid-60s to mid-80s were designated M35A2.

My avatar, oddly enough, is a 5-ton cargo truck (m813) that belonged to someone else. I drove it from Forest, IL to San Antonio, TX in January, in the middle of a ridiculous cold snap and snow storm, with no heater, no radio, ear plugs in and a top speed of 54mph... with a full size Blazer in the cargo bed and a bobbed M35A2 being flat-towed behind it. The picture in the avatar was taken somewhere in Arkansas as we were getting ready to leave on the third morning of our trip. I describe the picture as "the trip that sucked so bad that even the truck was crying".

11.jpg

1495112_10152124845320428_2037892805_o.jpg

1553255_10152125754120428_958081248_o.jpg

So my handle comes from a wheelin trip I went on in 1988 with a club I belonged to when I was stationed in Maryland. We had gone down to West Virginia for a week long trip and one of the guys who came on the trip had a broken leg. So while the rest of us were wading thru the mud trying to dig out our rigs he was leaning out the window of his Chevy pickup filming us with a video camera. I was the only person in this group that had a import rig. I was driving a 1986.5 Nissan Hardbody extended cab pickup and had Q78 Ground Hawg tires on it. The Q78 tire was 35" tall but only about 10" wide. Now everyone else in the this group had V-8 engines and I had the smallest tires in the group. So as we were trying to get thru this mud bogged area everyone in our group got stuck at least ONCE that is everyone except ME!! 😄😁🙃😉 So here I am running around pulling all these other rigs out with my little rice burner. Talk about a lot of guys who were red faced. One Ford pickup had a 428CJ engine & 44" tires and the CJ-7 in the group had a 401 and 38" tires. So these guys hated asking me to pull them out.
So our broken legged fella is filming this slog fest and commentating at the same time. He is watching me yank one rig out and is saying " Look at this Wildman, this guy is an animal. He has driven back and forth across this bog 3 times and hasn't gotten stuck once. But over here so and so is stuck and over there so and so is stuck." You get the idea. So he goes on to say " He is a total Wildman, I would never buy a used car from this Wildman with the way he beats on his stuff. But damn this Wildman can flippin drive!!!" So that night we are sitting around the camp fire watching the video from that days fun. And when it gets to the part where he calls me a Wildman everyone starts laughing and yelling WILDMAN WILDMAN so after that it was my handle when ever I did anything with the club.

My avatar is a x-ray of my right thigh. I was deployed to Iraq in 2004 and was shot in the leg. It shattered my femur, severed my femoral artery and damaged my perineal nerve. There are 12 screws holding my leg together now.

Huh, never saw this before ....
I used to work in a computer store decades ago (think Amiga 5000) and there were two Victors, both of us went by Vic
He was OnePoint as he was there first.
I am TwoPoint, as I worked better and was the more refined version!

my avatar is currently both my Jeeps, both are works in process

So my handle comes from a wheelin trip I went on in 1988 with a club I belonged to when I was stationed in Maryland. We had gone down to West Virginia for a week long trip and one of the guys who came on the trip had a broken leg. So while the rest of us were wading thru the mud trying to dig out our rigs he was leaning out the window of his Chevy pickup filming us with a video camera. I was the only person in this group that had a import rig. I was driving a 1986.5 Nissan Hardbody extended cab pickup and had Q78 Ground Hawg tires on it. The Q78 tire was 35" tall but only about 10" wide. Now everyone else in the this group had V-8 engines and I had the smallest tires in the group. So as we were trying to get thru this mud bogged area everyone in our group got stuck at least ONCE that is everyone except ME!! 😄😁🙃😉 So here I am running around pulling all these other rigs out with my little rice burner. Talk about a lot of guys who were red faced. One Ford pickup had a 428CJ engine & 44" tires and the CJ-7 in the group had a 401 and 38" tires. So these guys hated asking me to pull them out.
So our broken legged fella is filming this slog fest and commentating at the same time. He is watching me yank one rig out and is saying " Look at this Wildman, this guy is an animal. He has driven back and forth across this bog 3 times and hasn't gotten stuck once. But over here so and so is stuck and over there so and so is stuck." You get the idea. So he goes on to say " He is a total Wildman, I would never buy a used car from this Wildman with the way he beats on his stuff. But damn this Wildman can flippin drive!!!" So that night we are sitting around the camp fire watching the video from that days fun. And when it gets to the part where he calls me a Wildman everyone starts laughing and yelling WILDMAN WILDMAN so after that it was my handle when ever I did anything with the club.

My avatar is a x-ray of my right thigh. I was deployed to Iraq in 2004 and was shot in the leg. It shattered my femur, severed my femoral artery and damaged my perineal nerve. There are 12 screws holding my leg together now.
Great story on your Wildman name. Welcome home from Iraq. Vietnam myself.