Explain Your Avatar / Forum Name

'Skully' is a nickname a bar manager gave me once. No idea why, but it immediately stuck. To this day almost 30 years later, most of my closest friends don't even know my real name. It's rare that my name is still available on a site to use as a username, but apparently I'm the only Skully here.

The avatar is just my standard default social media picture. I would replace it with a Jeep picture but most of mine are pre-digital and not great quality. TJ's been parked and neglected for a few years so I never took any new pics. Now that he's back in shape I'll have to take some once the top is off and I get him back off pavement.
I almost named my Jeep 'Skully'...a through back to the X-files and the fact that I had some skulls around the TJ....ended up with Bruiser instead.

Oldb is a nick name I picked up in 1972 working harvest for my best friends family. (I jumped at the chance to get away from the dairy cows for a month) If they liked you they would put the word old in front of your first name. Example "here comes old Dave". By the end of harvest they had shortened it to oldb. I have had it ever since. My avatar is a project I have been working on for some time.

B

Oldb is a nick name I picked up in 1972 working harvest for my best friends family. (I jumped at the chance to get away from the dairy cows for a month) If they liked you they would put the word old in front of your first name. Example "here comes old Dave". By the end of harvest they had shortened it to oldb. I have had it ever since. My avatar is a project I have been working on for some time.

B
Great story behind your Nick name. Cool Avatar project!

came home one day as a teenager and found two friends sitting on my couch drunk and trip'n on LSD. I was eating a bag of Nibs and they found it hilarious and starting with "Flib eating his Nibs" and it stuck.

There are still some people I have known for years that still call me Flib and probably don't know my real name :)

Nothing to original for me, just my name and alma mater, first name Isaac, Perk is a shortened version of my last name that I use on social media accounts. Went to school in Morgantown West Virginia. Go Mountaineers!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chief Brohician
I brought home a 95 YJ to restore about 12 years ago. I spent so much time working on the jeep my wife would get upset with me. She would find me some times under the jeep a sleep at 2 in the morning. One day I came home from work to find a large decal her friend had made. It was a dog house with two eyes looking through the dark inside. She said this is where I'm at, in the Dawghouse. The name stuck so much my jeep buddies started calling my shop the Dawghouse Garage. It was only fitting that when I got the TJ that I name him Dawghouse.

Mine like @DrThos is a contraction of my last name which is DeFonzo the 54 is the number of my college dorm - lots of good memories there! Picture is my 2004 TJ X which is a work in progress. My first name is Lou. CA transplant from Joisey! Man this is the best Forum!!!

Fonz54

I brought home a 95 YJ to restore about 12 years ago. I spent so much time working on the jeep my wife would get upset with me. She would find me some times under the jeep a sleep at 2 in the morning. One day I came home from work to find a large decal her friend had made. It was a dog house with two eyes looking through the dark inside. She said this is where I'm at, in the Dawghouse. The name stuck so much my jeep buddies started calling my shop the Dawghouse Garage. It was only fitting that when I got the TJ that I name him Dawghouse.
Great story! :)

Reactions: Dawghouse
I didn't know this thread existed but I'm glad I found it! Its awesome going through the off topic stuff to see what everyone is about outside of Jeepin'

My screen name is pulled from a popular cartoon called Rick and Morty. Rick is another name for Richard and Schwifty is a term they use in the show so Schwifty Rich was born!
(It's also my gamertag for those who play Xbox)

Pic is of my 03 Rubicon.

Mine is my call sign from a long time ago.

Picture is my almost 15 year old Border Collie. I like dogs WAY MORE than people.

Beautiful Border collie and an absolute fabulous breed of dog.....love them.
My very best friend waiting to ride.
20180612_133138.jpg