• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Awesome 3rd brake light

Mike the Silver TJ

TJ Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2019
Jacksonville FL

jesseshoots

Feb 20, 2019
Atlanta, GA
The one in the original photo is the Rugged Ridge one. You can tell by the lights being different than all the cheaper knock-off ones. This was one of the first products I did when I was working there. Once it came out we couldn't keep them on the shelf for well over the first year.

psrivats

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2018
OR, USA
@MexiJeeper did a great version too:

And so did @JamesAndTheSahara

And @b0xcar did a very good looking one as well.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: matkal

Sam Solo

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2018
St. Louis
The one in the original photo is the Rugged Ridge one. You can tell by the lights being different than all the cheaper knock-off ones. This was one of the first products I did when I was working there. Once it came out we couldn't keep them on the shelf for well over the first year.
Tell us more about this! Was this your idea?!

jesseshoots

Feb 20, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Tell us more about this! Was this your idea?!
Wasn't my idea, but I was the engineer who took the concept and did the cad for the main plate and sourced the OE plug for the JK version. Saw it through the manufacturing phase until it arrived on the dock. It's really cool seeing them all over the road and yelling at whoever is riding with me, "THAT'S MY BRAKE LIGHT!"

Sam Solo

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2018
St. Louis
Oh I bet!!! I'd do the same thing!! I kinda what to get one just because I talked to the dude that developed it!!:D