Awesome Juggy Crawl Video

That is beyond belief. Boy if that went bad...it would be real bad.

Reactions: Wildman
it'd be a time lapse of blocking and tearing it down to take it out in pieces, unless your gonna drag up a 1/2 ton of steel and a welder to build a gantry to pluck it ......................and you still gotta get it righted and down from there, that'd be a nightmare.

Reactions: Wildman and jjvw
it'd be a time lapse of blocking and tearing it down to take it out in pieces, unless your gonna drag up a 1/2 ton of steel and a welder to build a gantry to pluck it ......................and you still gotta get it righted and down from there, that'd be a nightmare.

Son, that is how this came to be known as Old Gantry Notch.

Reminds me a lot of this rig I watched at Wolf Caves in Mason, TX. It took 25 minutes for him to complete it. I think the obstacle was named Widowmaker. His wife survived.
BBF8744B-60D9-418B-BCBC-CBAC67623554.png
B7CC04D7-FE7B-4C11-ADE7-17F0B6624204.png
D15FE542-EEA9-419E-8C1D-1B6F5D1F31F8.png

Jesse Haines builds some very nice portal ends. His leaf sprung roxor on portals is a beast when it comes to KOH.
Jesse Haines fabrication, Sparks, NV? lots of high steer parts, didn't find portal ends.

i just brushed by these things when reading into suspension design, the articles i read made them sound like they were just prototype units and nothin had really made it to mass production. clearly i should have dug deeper than a 10yr old 4x4 magazine article.

now the real question EmWest is sellin the Dana 60 FnR axles loaded up with ARB lockers, gears, big shafts and portals for 22k.
that's only a few more bucks than what you spend over at Currie no?
the axles give you over 4" of lift between the wheel center and the axle tube center, lifts everything, the pumpkin, tubes and steering links.......and they change your gear ratio at the wheel.

why are these not more popular?

Reactions: JMT
They are pretty popular in the hardcore rock crawling world. It’s one more thing to break and while they can hold up to speeds, they are not deisgned to a road driven vehicle. Most guys here are more mall crawler type and less hardcore rock crawler type.

In the competition world such as Ultra 4, KOH, and WE Rock they are more widely utilized.
6A33F9A1-087F-4CDC-950B-10BE82C5F9E2.jpeg
827E4C5E-52F8-436D-9E78-71837125D4A1.jpeg
BBF48EFB-9B02-4C12-985E-D21515A70019.jpeg

Reactions: someguysjeep
Jesse Haines fabrication, Sparks, NV? lots of high steer parts, didn't find portal ends.
Yea, that’s him. He builds and runs them on his leaf sprung rig in KOH every year. They may not be on his website, but he builds a lot of them and sells a lot of them. There are others who build and sell even more, but mainly for Ultra4 buggies.

i just brushed by these things when reading into suspension design, the articles i read made them sound like they were just prototype units and nothin had really made it to mass production. clearly i should have dug deeper than a 10yr old 4x4 magazine article.

now the real question EmWest is sellin the Dana 60 FnR axles loaded up with ARB lockers, gears, big shafts and portals for 22k.
that's only a few more bucks than what you spend over at Currie no?
the axles give you over 4" of lift between the wheel center and the axle tube center, lifts everything, the pumpkin, tubes and steering links.......and they change your gear ratio at the wheel.

Cost. A lot of people have tried to design portal boxes. In the end, it costs more than people are willing to spend.
Research the cost to build a 404. Gears, lockers, custom wheels, custom ball joints... All that and the need for different link geometry makes it more expensive for the average guy.