Awkward angle of steering stabilizer

Pcleaners2

TJ Enthusiast
Hello new to this forum

Having an issue with my steering stabilizer after install ome 2” lift. Do I need to get a different drag link or stabilizer bracket? Here’s a pic. Can’t seem to find anything for my TJ.

5B07BBF3-54F6-4FD4-86F7-137BF235E273.jpeg

53384F87-D3E5-4DD8-8B05-05934574733E.jpeg

Reactions: JMT
Hello new to this forum

Having an issue with my steering stabilizer after install ome 2” lift. Do I need to get a different drag link or stabilizer bracket? Here’s a pic. Can’t seem to find anything for my TJ.
You might need an adjustable front trackbar. That amount of lift will sometimes shift the front axle to the drivers side, causing your issue. With wheels straight, measure from the backside of the tire to the frame on both driver and passenger sides to see the amount of shift. Usually it’s between 1/2-1 1/4”. An adjustable front track bar would correct this. You do not need a different drag link or steering damper bracket.

Also, am I correct in assuming you have new longer shocks and you used the rear trackbar relocation bracket?

I have roughcountry adjustable trackbar front and rear. Yes I have the longer springs and shocks that came with lift. No relocation bracket because of this.

I went outside and adjusted trackbar. And rotated drag link a little. It’s not touching but only by 1mm. I’m pretty sure it’s not supposed to be like that.

I have roughcountry adjustable trackbar front and rear. Yes I have the longer springs and shocks that came with lift. No relocation bracket because of this.

I went outside and adjusted trackbar. And rotated drag link a little. It’s not touching but only by 1mm. I’m pretty sure it’s not supposed to be like that.
Yours does same angle back toward the cab a little far. It’s hard for me to tell since I can’t see the bracket near the Passenger shock. Here’s a pic of mine for reference.

5BCCAECE-73B3-450E-B20F-6D65116E3795.jpeg

The dust cover really serves no function on our shocks, dual valve, like our steering damper, or otherwise. You'd have more clearance if you turned yours around so that your dust cover was on the end where the drag link ties into the tie rod. That may be your problem. It's hard to tell from your pics

Reactions: rubicube
We don't normally install steering stabilizers with covers over the strut, that is unusual to see one like yours. They're common for OME shock absorbers but not for the steering stabilizer where that cover can rub on the drag link.

Reactions: rubicube
Now you got me thinking...I just went out and checked the one I installed earlier this year. It looks just like yours:
IMG_1081[1].JPG
IMG_1082[1].JPG

The 'fat' end attached to the drag link barely clears the rod, but I never gave it a second thought. I did some searching, and almost every one I saw looked the same. I don't see why it couldn't be flipped around and the narrower end attach to the drag link. I think I'll try that...

Last edited:
Reactions: bedhed and JMT
I would think if you put the cover or "fat" end down it would hold water when wheeling in creeks or mud pits and be a problem after awhile due to the angle. Just a thought.

Reactions: bedhed and Squatch
Yeah I’m gonna leave it dust cover to linkage so I don’t hold water but I gonna try this energy 5/8 rubber thingy I saw on amazon to give an extra few millimeters. Will send pic if works...

Yeah the energy 5/8 from amazon is good for the ome stabilizer bc it is much harder and doesn’t compress which means an extra millimeter or so of space for dust cover. My phone doesn’t wanna send the pic for some reason

Should be fine as is. OME over at ARB is not stupid. I wouldn’t worry about it, the hard shell cover is advertised as a rock guard, which I saw as advantageous till I saw the $89 price tag. I’ll stick with my RE at $35. A steering damper is a steering damper

Reactions: Tomcat
I don't see why you couldn't add a flat washer on the underside of the SS bushing. There seems to be enough threads on the mounting bolt to accommodate at least that much.

Reactions: Blondie70 and JMT