AX-15 to 32RH PCM

GreenTexasTJ

Hey guys,

I'm going to convert my 2000 4.0 Wrangler to the 32rh from ax15. I already have all of the parts with the exception of the PCM for a 2000 Wrangler with a 4.0 and auto without the security system.

Would Flagship 1 be a good source for a PCM? They seem to get mixed reviews, but they have them in stock. They ask for a VIN number - wouldn't I have to provide a VIN for a 2000 Wrangler with a 4.0 and auto? Or should I try to find an used OEM PCM?

Thank you.

FS1 has gotten worse and worse over the last several months. I would contact WranglerFix, he is a member on here and they solved the 05/06 PCM issues.

Would it be worth tracking down an used OEM PCM?

Yes, that's all the other companies do anyways.

The PCMs FS1 (and everyone else) sells are simply PCMs they pulled from wrecked TJs and label as "refurbished".

No one actually makes a brand new replacement PCM, not even Mopar.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
If you are doing a transmission swap and also swap the PCM on an early TJ is there any reason to have the PCM reflashed, or can it simply be a plug and play? (provided the PCM matches the transmission type you are using)
The only thing I think it would change is the VIN, and that would only matter in states that check emissions.

Thanks, guys.

I think have tracked an used OEM pcm down. The seller says it for a 2000 wrangler with 4.0 automatic. What about the security system / sentry key? My jeep doesn't have a security system, it has a grey key. Is there a way to check the pcm to know if it is for a jeep with the security system / sentry key? Could that cause issues?

Thanks, guys.

I think have tracked an used OEM pcm down. The seller says it for a 2000 wrangler with 4.0 automatic. What about the security system / sentry key? My jeep doesn't have a security system, it has a grey key. Is there a way to check the pcm to know if it is for a jeep with the security system / sentry key? Could that cause issues?
A gray key indicates the presence of the SKIM security system.

All you can do is ask the seller if it was in a Jeep with the security system or not. Don't tell him what you need as he might lie just to get it sold.

It can be reprogrammed if you have access to a DRB III programmer and the guy that knows how to use it, this is a tough problem and i am in the middle of it right now, even the dealership near me is not quite sure..i am exploring tthe locksmith option to program a key to match the pcm.