Ayers Natural Bridge

CybrSlydr

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Went to a local point of interest, Ayers Natural Bridge.

Very nice little park, lots of folks already there camping. Decided to use Lightroom on the pics I took this time around and just used the Auto button for now.

50177146221_d147cb3c65_h.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cybrslydr/albums/72157715320979266

It was quite nice - I'm certainly going to go back during better lighting (it opens at 8am and I got there at 8) and see what I can get. Nice thing about being there that early is most folks were still in their tents instead of walking around.

I also want to get a new camera. While these pics look pretty good to me (Canon 1200D w/18-55 IS kit lens on a tripod), I really want something better for those even better looking pics. Seriously considering saving up for a used Sony A7R III.

It was quite nice - I'm certainly going to go back during better lighting (it opens at 8am and I got there at 8) and see what I can get. Nice thing about being there that early is most folks were still in their tents instead of walking around.

I also want to get a new camera. While these pics look pretty good to me (Canon 1200D w/18-55 IS kit lens on a tripod), I really want something better for those even better looking pics. Seriously considering saving up for a used Sony A7R III.
Get the new Apple 11. It will take better pictures than a $5000 Ninon.

the Sonys are nice, but seriously upgrading your lens would do you wonders!! the canon kit lenses are ok at best. Getting a quality piece of glass on there makes all the difference in the world. I threw a friend's Zeiss lens on my canon T3i a while back and those pictures are probably some of the most clear and color precise photos I've ever taken. Also knowing your way around lightroom and Photoshop will def give your pics a boost!

My best friend does wedding photography. She's got a couple nice full frame Canons, but the lens upgrades have been far and beyond the most cost effective upgrades for her. :)

That being said - I just bought the Samsung S20 phone. the camera on this is a beast (as it is on most of the new smartphones). I honestly don't miss having my DSLR on me about 95% of the time - the only times are when I want to get super creative with my shots.

Your pictures are great by the way though! Looks absolutely beautiful out there!!

Reactions: CybrSlydr
Phones are great because you can take a photo and post it. Most people no longer print photos and look at them on small screens. As long as you only look at it on a phone or tablet it looks great. If you ever want to print the photo and hang it on the wall, you'll need something better. My travel camera is an Olympus OMD EM-1. Mine is an original and they're up to version 3 now. It's a little different since it's a 4:3 ratio, but I like photos that are more square anyway. It's good enough for prints up to around 27 by 36 inches. Beyond that, you'll want something with a bigger sensor.

I have some larger lenses that cost more than the camera itself, but the decent smaller lenses make it compact for travel. I carried it in a small bag with 3 lenses all around Europe. If I want bigger photos, I turn it on it's side, do an average exposure estimate of the scene, and fire off multiple shots while pivoting. Then stitch them together using a panoramic photo stitching software. I have a 360 degree panorama of the Loveland pass I took with a monopod.

I can use my old Olympus 35mm lenses on the camera with an adapter or just use the old film 35mm itself.

Here's a smaller downsized version I clipped out of the Loveland pass photo that I was using as my 3 screen wallpaper for a while.

Loveland Pass 360.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CybrSlydr
the Sonys are nice, but seriously upgrading your lens would do you wonders!! the canon kit lenses are ok at best. Getting a quality piece of glass on there makes all the difference in the world. I threw a friend's Zeiss lens on my canon T3i a while back and those pictures are probably some of the most clear and color precise photos I've ever taken. Also knowing your way around lightroom and Photoshop will def give your pics a boost!

My best friend does wedding photography. She's got a couple nice full frame Canons, but the lens upgrades have been far and beyond the most cost effective upgrades for her. :)

That being said - I just bought the Samsung S20 phone. the camera on this is a beast (as it is on most of the new smartphones). I honestly don't miss having my DSLR on me about 95% of the time - the only times are when I want to get super creative with my shots.

Your pictures are great by the way though! Looks absolutely beautiful out there!!
My first real camera was my Canon 20D. I got the 70-200 f/2.8L non-IS and it was an absolutely stunning lens.

This was shot hand-held with AI Servo -
245913176_0488871ce5_3k.jpg

245926181_9462f764fd_k.jpg

As was this one -
462471722_ea5799561b_k.jpg

I want to get the new camera because I want to go full-frame and from everything I've read and asked, Sony is an absolute stunner at this point. I'm going to mostly shoot landscapes like the above on tripod, so the Sony sounds like a great upgrade. Sigma makes some great glass for it as well (specifically the 24-70 f/2.8) that pairs wonderfully. And full-frame is better for landscapes than APS-C like the 1200D I have. :)