AZ burglar sentenced to 292 years in prison

THEY'VE TRIED THAT AND IT AINT WORKING !!!!!! the only point they get is on the head of their pecker ! now ya cut that off and they might get the point but our jails are slap full of repeat offenders !

I don't think the severity of the sentence is what's going to fix that. It'll cost the taxpayers more to feed him for the rest of his life than it would have to let him keep burgling. We'd get a better return on investment by putting him in for 5 years and teaching him a real trade that would support him so well he'd think he'd gotten rich by comparison, and actually contribute to society.

I don't think the severity of the sentence is what's going to fix that. It'll cost the taxpayers more to feed him for the rest of his life than it would have to let him keep burgling. We'd get a better return on investment by putting him in for 5 years and teaching him a real trade that would support him so well he'd think he'd gotten rich by comparison, and actually contribute to society.

once again IT AIN'T WORKIN ! ok, he get one last choice rope , lead or electric and in public and televised ! thats the trouble in this country today to many people thinking they can rehab these thugs YOU CAN'T ! They don't get it, something has to give or we will have total anarchy soon ! we're damn near at that point now ! I bet you think taking the guns away will make the killings stop too ?

We'd get a better return on investment by putting him in for 5 years and teaching him a real trade that would support him so well he'd think he'd gotten rich by comparison, and actually contribute to society.

maybe your right we should give him 5 years of weapons training so he can step up his game !

once again IT AIN'T WORKIN ! ok, he get one last choice rope , lead or electric and in public and televised ! thats the trouble in this country today to many people thinking they can rehab these thugs YOU CAN'T ! They don't get it, something has to give or we will have total anarchy soon ! we're damn near at that point now ! I bet you think taking the guns away will make the killings stop too ?

Statistics all over the world suggest that rehabilitation is both more effective and less costly than just putting someone in jail to learn how to do more crime and letting corrupt guards smuggle drugs into the facility for the inmates to stay hooked.

I'm all for letting the violent ones rot (murderers, rapists, child molesters, sex traffickers, and in some cases drug dealers) and even some of the most egregious non-violent ones (politicians, hedge fund managers, and some used car salesmen). Hell, draw and quarter them for all I care. But this was a 21 year old kid, his brain isn't even fully developed yet, and that he did all that seemingly intentionally trying not to physically encounter the person he was stealing from suggests he might actually have a conscience; at best his moral compass is out of whack, at worst he's addicted and got desperate. I stand by my statement - the sentence is unjust.

FWIW - I'm also against harsh sentences related to drug use until rehab attempts have failed, or sex crimes other than trafficking because I view addiction as a health issue, not a criminal one.

I'm also curious if the outcome had been the same if he looked like me. I don't buy into the whole CRT/white guilt/systemic racism blah blah blah, but the criminal justice system is one area where I do believe bias is alive and well.

Ultimately it all comes down to culture and upbringing. Outside of the rare cases of real psychopathy, these people don't end up doing what they do without undergoing serious trauma during development. A 3 century jail sentence for burglary does nothing to address that.

But this was a 21 year old kid, his brain isn't even fully developed yet, and that he did all that seemingly intentionally trying not to physically encounter the person he was stealing from suggests he might actually have a conscience; at best his moral compass is out of whack, at worst he's addicted and got desperate. I stand by my statement - the sentence is unjust.

really so at what age did you figure out it was either you get your ass a job (or continue in school to further your education) or go turn to crime for a living ? at 18 fresh out of high school I knew it was get a job or starve ! And God knows I aint no rocket scientist myself 🤣 you let 10 of these thugs in your house and tell them you have a toilet DO NOT PISS ON MY FLOOR ! now 1of them is going to have to piss on your floor to see what will happen. now you have a choice do nothing and have 10 thugs pissing on your floor, or put a bullet in the back of his head and I guarantee ya the rest wont. but hey you can maybe try to show them how to piss in the toilet and you'll have 10 of them laughing at you while they piss in the corner ! OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM IS A JOKE AND DOESN'T WORK !!!!

really so at what age did you figure out it was either you get your ass a job (or continue in school to further your education) or go turn to crime for a living ? at 18 fresh out of high school I knew it was get a job or starve ! And God knows I aint no rocket scientist myself 🤣

I left for college after completing a shift as a Toyota tech, on my 19th birthday, but I also grew up in a 2-parent household with a family tree populated by federal prosecutors, career law enforcement, a WW2 veteran/farmer/teacher/bank president, and stay-at-home mom's. My career path was on track but I did plenty of stupid stuff before my 25th birthday (marrying a girl at 22 that I'd known for 4 months being one of them). There's lots of scientific basis for suggesting that we're not really who we are until we're 25.

you let 10 of these thugs in your house and tell them you have a toilet DO NOT PISS ON MY FLOOR ! now 1of them is going to have to piss on your floor to see what will happen. now you have a choice do nothing and have 10 thugs pissing on your floor, or put a bullet in the back of his head and I guarantee ya the rest wont. but hey you can maybe try to show them how to piss in the toilet and you'll have 10 of them laughing at you while they piss in the corner !

1 of them probably does piss in the floor, but I'd bet less than all of the other 9 join in, and even some of the ones that do are just lost kids looking in the wrong place for the role model they never had.

OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM IS A JOKE AND DOESN'T WORK !!!!

We can definitely agree on that, we're just not in the same place on how to fix it and that's ok. Your life experiences have led to your position on this and mine have led to mine. I spent 3 years in college as an IT guy in a county jail and spent plenty of time with non violent inmates and my brother ran a habitat for humanity construction crew of non violent offenders on work release. There are bad seeds, sure, but I don't think it's accurate to generalize them all as thugs with no hope of cleaning up.

you know there is no one alive that didn't do stupid stuff in our younger days. but we knew there was a line not to be crossed ! we didnt rob a store and dare the police to do something about it or walk up and beat the shit out of some little old lady standing on the street, we didnt push people onto the railroad tracks just as the train got there or shoot cops and even though most country boys had guns we knew not to dare shoot anyone with them no matter how mad you got ! now because of years of giving out a slap on the wrist this is becoming the norm ! most of these thugs made the choice at 13 or 14 years old what path they were going to take and there aint no fixing them ! do you really think you can fix this ?
https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...c5f0875dd79bd6c064fe64a0dfbb897a&action=click