Arizona AZ wheeling weekend of 4/4 or 4/11

DaveC

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Hey, AZ WTJF members, anyone interested in doing some social distancing 4x4 style this weekend or next?

Thinking of Walnut Canyon, Montana Mountain or 7 Springs/Sheeps Bridge. Haven't done any of them but scenery is supposed to be great. These are mild to moderate (rated 3-4 in the AZ offroad guide); the wife and daughter will be coming with.

@Gblabla @Wakeangel @Boinked @ac_ @starkey480 and any other AZ members interested?

Last edited:
I've been away from the site so a little late to this party but I'd be up for a run this weekend. Just got the top pulled off and everything cleaned up so what better time to go get it a little dirty!

I've been away from the site so a little late to this party but I'd be up for a run this weekend. Just got the top pulled off and everything cleaned up so what better time to go get it a little dirty!
No better time. Perfect weather! Let's plan on Saturday 4/11.

Reactions: Boinked
No better time. Perfect weather! Let's plan on Saturday 4/11.

Sounds good to me. Looked like @Wakeangel was only available on Sunday but I'm good either day. From strictly a selfish place 7 Springs / Sheeps Bridge is closer for me but I know the south areas are great as well. I'll let you pick and lead 😁

Reactions: DaveC
Trying to finalize plans this evening. Will update the post. Seems like Sheep's bridge may be the most 'central' since some of us are in the SE valley and others NW. Sheep's bridge can be reached by starting in Cave Creek and running up thru 7 springs OR by starting at Bloody Basin Rd off I17 and traveling SE thru the Agua Fria National Monument.

Here's the plan... we're on a mission from God (running with the Blues Brothers references)

Saturday, 4/11. Cave Creek to Sheep's Bridge. 42 mi one way (approx 1.5 hrs.). We can return via the same route (3 hr round trip drive time excluding any exploring of ruins, etc.) or continue thru the Agua Fria National monument 38 additional miles (2 hr drive time), winding up at I17 and Bloody Basin Rd. Possibly a game time decision. Both of these routes can be found on the All Trails and Trails Offroad apps for more details.

Meet at 8am at the intersection of Cave Creek road and Bartlett Dam road (FS Road 205). There's a ranger station on the north side of the road as a landmark.

We'll head 3 miles up the road to air down at the Sears Kay Ruins here.

Sears Kay Ruins
N Sears Kay Ruins Rd, Cave Creek, AZ 85331
https://maps.app.goo.gl/XwLSDJTWFCeKj33VA
Who's in? I'd suggest those going pm me your contact info so we can connect more directly leading up to the run.

@Wakeangel @Boinked @ac_ @Gblabla @AlexMartinez @starkey480

Here's the plan... we're on a mission from God (running with the Blues Brothers references)

Saturday, 4/11. Cave Creek to Sheep's Bridge. 42 mi one way (approx 1.5 hrs.). We can return via the same route (3 hr round trip drive time excluding any exploring of ruins, etc.) or continue thru the Agua Fria National monument 38 additional miles (2 hr drive time), winding up at I17 and Bloody Basin Rd. Possibly a game time decision. Both of these routes can be found on the All Trails and Trails Offroad apps for more details.

Meet at 8am at the intersection of Cave Creek road and Bartlett Dam road (FS Road 205). There's a ranger station on the north side of the road as a landmark.

We'll head 3 miles up the road to air down at the Sears Kay Ruins here.

Sears Kay Ruins
N Sears Kay Ruins Rd, Cave Creek, AZ 85331
https://maps.app.goo.gl/XwLSDJTWFCeKj33VA
Who's in? I'd suggest those going pm me your contact info so we can connect more directly leading up to the run.

@Wakeangel @Boinked @ac_ @Gblabla @AlexMartinez @starkey480

Hey guys weirdly this is the first time the Forum let me know about this post, although I see you included me at the beginning.

Thanks for the invite. I would really love to join you guys, but I am on the injured list. I don't want you guys to count me out in the future. I hope you guys have a ton of fun. I will be watching this post now, so please update with pictures.

I will try and catch the next one. Thanks again for thinking of me.

Cheers

Hey guys weirdly this is the first time the Forum let me know about this post, although I see you included me at the beginning.

Thanks for the invite. I would really love to join you guys, but I am on the injured list. I don't want you guys to count me out in the future. I hope you guys have a ton of fun. I will be watching this post now, so please update with pictures.

I will try and catch the next one. Thanks again for thinking of me.

Cheers
No worries. Hope you're back in the saddle soon; will keep you in the loop!

Reactions: ac_
Reactions: DaveC
All cleaned up after the run.
Although my back is going to take a lot longer. But i would do it again.

15867361315853546019048457868535.jpg

On a side note. 8 gallons is all it took to fill up....... my next upgrade is a new fuel pump.

I wish I could of made it, but I am excited to see some pictures, and read the story, if you guys get a chance.