Azroc909's 2006 Jeep Wrangler SE

azroc909

TJ Enthusiast
V6 Automatic
Screenshot_2018-09-23-21-27-36-1.png
20181027_094855.jpg

Oh wow, this is one of those rare SEs with the 4.0 in it as oppose to the 2.4. This was only an option for 05-06.

Check it out @StG58, @Rob5589, and all you other 4 cylinder guys. You don't see these too often!

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
Oh wow, this is one of those rare SEs with the 4.0 in it as oppose to the 2.4. This was only an option for 05-06.

Check it out @StG58, @Rob5589, and all you other 4 cylinder guys. You don't see these too often!
Wow did not know that... Nice! Will check their rides out :) big plans for it. Slowly but surely

Wow did not know that... Nice! Will check their rides out :) big plans for it. Slowly but surely

The SE was only offered with the 4 cylinder engine up until 05-06, when they apparently began to offer them with a 4.0 6 cylinder option. My guess is that since the TJ generation was coming to an end in 2006, they were simply trying to get rid of extra 4.0 engines they had laying around.

The bottom line is that you don't see too many 6 cylinder SE models. I'm not saying they are collectors vehicles or anything, they're just sort of a rarity amongst TJs!

The SE was only offered with the 4 cylinder engine up until 05-06, when they apparently began to offer them with a 4.0 6 cylinder option. My guess is that since the TJ generation was coming to an end in 2006, they were simply trying to get rid of extra 4.0 engines they had laying around.

The bottom line is that you don't see too many 6 cylinder SE models. I'm not saying they are collectors vehicles or anything, they're just sort of a rarity amongst TJs!
Gotcha understood, wouldn't thought of it as a collector's unless it was an old Jamboree or Scrambler of that sort :). Would want one. Very interesting though and informative info. Thank you for that. I'm new to the Jeep scene lol.

Reactions: Chris
Gotcha understood, wouldn't thought of it as a collector's unless it was an old Jamboree or Scrambler of that sort :). Would want one. Very interesting though and informative info. Thank you for that. I'm new to the Jeep scene lol.

No problem! It was one of those odd balls that made no sense. Jeep always meant for the SE to be sort of a barebones, base model Wrangler, which is why they had the 4 cylinder. Being as though they put the 6 cylinder in some of those late model SEs, it kind of defeated the purpose of it being a "base model" at all.

Welcome to the forum...A wise man once said "If you want pretty nurse, you first have to be Patient, young glass-hopper" :D
Great blank canvas to work with right there....take your time and you will learn heaps on here

Welcome to the forum...A wise man once said "If you want pretty nurse, you first have to be Patient, young glass-hopper" :D
Great blank canvas to work with right there....take your time and you will learn heaps on here
:biggrin: lol. Cool deal thank you!

Nice TJ. A little info nugget, when ordering stuff be aware that when you specify "SE" the default will be the 2.4 and not the 4.0.

Good bit of advice! In fact, most sites (i.e. Amazon) might not even have a drop down option for the 4.0 as an engine in the SE model, so you may be better of using "Sport" or "Sahara" when you order parts for it, as those models only came with the 4.0, but are otherwise identical to your "SE".

Good bit of advice! In fact, most sites (i.e. Amazon) might not even have a drop down option for the 4.0 as an engine in the SE model, so you may be better of using "Sport" or "Sahara" when you order parts for it, as those models only came with the 4.0, but are otherwise identical to your "SE".
Good point will do... since I've been on Amazon lately just browsing a long.

Reactions: Chris
I have never seen a drop down for any engine options. I read somewhere else of a SE 4.0 owner having issues getting the correct parts, that is the only way I knew about it.

Reactions: azroc909