Anyone using the B&M sport shifter?

I installed just the BM’s shifter stick for the 6 speed in my LJ recently. I planned on getting the shifter at a later time. Just doing the stick is a major improvement. Makes it feel like a total different Jeep. Little warning: you may find yourself banging gears like a sports car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the stick in my TJ; I like it. It provides less interference with the console bezel than the stock stick with an engine mount lift, and no belly-up. Some plastic trimming is still required.

Reactions: Willys LJ
Picked one up, hoping it will help stop the popping out of reverse. It's on my mod list ,but after the tt gets wrapped up.

I've had mine for about 10 years on my '03 TJ w/ NV3550. Shifting between 1st & 2nd is only about 3 inches at the knob and the same with the other gears. It's a good thing because it was under $200.

Reactions: Midtenn
Picked one up, hoping it will help stop the popping out of reverse. It's on my mod list ,but after the tt gets wrapped up.

Redline helped my six speed immensely. I would pop out of 1st/ Reverse and 1st to 2and wasn't the nice shift. After a few hundred miles I can notice a distinct difference.

I'm also curious about the shifter, please keep us posted. I also pulled the trigger last year but was turned off when I heard shifting was really stiff.

Reactions: Ephry73
Redline helped my six speed immensely. I would pop out of 1st/ Reverse and 1st to 2and wasn't the nice shift. After a few hundred miles I can notice a distinct difference.

I'm also curious about the shifter, please keep us posted. I also pulled the trigger last year but was turned off when I heard shifting was really stiff.

+1 to Redline

Did you purchase the shifter and then decided to not install? Do you still have it?

Definitely shortens shifter throw to about 4" from 1st to 2nd. Less slop. I would install it again.
BnM Shifter.jpg

Definitely shortens shifter throw to about 4" from 1st to 2nd. Less slop. I would install it again.

The only thing that I've noticed (not a problem with the shifter itself) is going into first or second. Where there "was" a notchy point with the OEM shifter going into those gears, is now the actual limit of the shift throw. I keep trying to shift further past, like I'm still using the OEM unit. I have to re-train myself and my muscle memory for the new shifter.

+1 to Redline

Did you purchase the shifter and then decided to not install? Do you still have it?

No, never purchased it. One of those items you do a ton of research on because why not and then never buy haha.

I'd love to try one though. I got turned off when I read it takes effort. The long shift that a few fingers can do kinda fits the jeep when cruising. However, I wouldn't mind less slop.

Reactions: skrelnik
I love mine. Been in the Jeep over a decade. No issues. I’ve driven a few Jeep dice without it and the shift throw is so huge. I makes it more like driving my mustang also with a short shifter.