B.o.B. has started a GoFundMe to prove the earth is flat

I'm on a guitar forum and one of the members is a Flat Earther. I didn't know just how extensive they take the arguments until he started posting. Of course it wound up being a forum pile on.

It's mind blowing that these people still think the earth is flat. Okay, so if that's true, what happens when we get to the edge of the earth, and why hasn't anyone ever been to the edge?

Well if you lived on the Texas Gulf Coast you might believe it. Flatter than a pancake. The only hills we have are Interstate overpasses. Nearest hill to where I live is about 100 Miles. All that water from Harvey had to drain somewhere, fell over the side of the Earth. POOF!

It's mind blowing that these people still think the earth is flat. Okay, so if that's true, what happens when we get to the edge of the earth, and why hasn't anyone ever been to the edge?
The basic argument that the guy posted is that the earth is flat but it's circular. So when you get to the edge you don't realize it because you are going in a circle. Apparently all of these arguments have been debunked but you are never going to convince a Flat Earther. The FES has to be the zaniest of all conspiracy theories. Faked moon landings, aliens on the dark side of the moon, Elvis being alive, Paul being dead, not one of them is more loony that the idea of a Flat Earth. I guess it's like Minecraft, if you dig far enough down, you just fall off the bottom of the Earth.

The basic argument that the guy posted is that the earth is flat but it's circular. So when you get to the edge you don't realize it because you are going in a circle. Apparently all of these arguments have been debunked but you are never going to convince a Flat Earther. The FES has to be the zaniest of all conspiracy theories. Faked moon landings, aliens on the dark side of the moon, Elvis being alive, Paul being dead, not one of them is more loony that the idea of a Flat Earth. I guess it's like Minecraft, if you dig far enough down, you just fall off the bottom of the Earth.

Haha, no kidding. I have heard a ton of conspiracy theories, and while most of them are looney, this one takes the cake.

Reactions: HongKongDrifter
I'm really not trying to convince any one but......

flat-earth.jpg

Apparently none of them have been in a plane to see the curvature of the earth... lol and they have an unknown substitute to gravity? Because they must not believe in gravity. My girlfriend is a aerospace engineering major and we often laugh at these people

Apparently none of them have been in a plane to see the curvature of the earth... lol and they have an unknown substitute to gravity? Because they must not believe in gravity. My girlfriend is a aerospace engineering major and we often laugh at these people

My thoughts exactly. If you've ever been up in a plane, you can very clearly see the curvature of the earth.

Confirmation bias, arm chair "research" and the internet. There is no limit to the garbage people want to believe and regurgitate. Its alarmingly inversely proportional to real world experience and they are not willing to consider that hey are wrong.