b00mb00m

Thought so. We used that repairing steel hydraulic lines with the o-ring flanges on CAT equipment. Once in awhile if a support clamp broke and wasn’t taken care of soon enough they would crack and leak. Instead of buying an expensive new steel line we would silver solder the flanges back on.
I was impressed the silver flowed the whole length of the bung.

I can see how that would be a useful skill for sticking all manner of things together.

Reactions: Daryl
Got it all painted up last night after wheeling and going to install with my fancy new autometer gauge and sender kit today.

Reactions: zebra12
I appreciate that reminder! Interesting this new pan doesn't have the inside dimple dlthat traps the magnet like the old pan did. And the magnet in the other pan is too large to sit in the recessed portion of this pan. Is there a different magnet I should order? Here's picture of new pan and old magnet.

IMG_20200524_124014.jpg

I appreciate that reminder! Interesting this new pan doesn't have the inside dimple dlthat traps the magnet like the old pan did. And the magnet in the other pan is too large to sit in the recessed portion of this pan. Is there a different magnet I should order? Here's picture of new pan and old magnet.

View attachment 164188
Duplicate the location and put a dab of RTV in the middle so it can't slide around.

Reactions: B00mb00m

View attachment 164188

Is that an 06 pan? There is a different magnet for those pans. 68207789AA Not worth ordering and waiting for though.

Is that an 06 pan? There is a different magnet for those pans. 68207789AA Not worth ordering and waiting for though.
SONOFABISCUIT ya they must have sent me the 06 version. I put my 04 data in rock auto. The annoying thing is now I have to wait for the rtv to cure. But got the gauge wired and installed and the wires ran for the pan. Will button up tomorrow. This is why I love 3 day weekends.

IMG_20200524_131850.jpg

IMG_20200524_173625.jpg

SONOFABISCUIT ya they must have sent me the 06 version. I put my 04 data in rock auto. The annoying thing is now I have to wait for the rtv to cure. But got the gauge wired and installed and the wires ran for the pan. Will button up tomorrow. This is why I love 3 day weekends.

View attachment 164269

View attachment 164272
You don't have to wait. The RTV is just to keep it located if the pan gets bumped on the trail. It won't move otherwise. Get that shit done and quit fucking off.

Reactions: B00mb00m
I took it out for a drive down the highway last night, hit some hills with TC unlocked and man i couldn't get it go much above 120°F. Is the gauge incorrect? What are people seeing in the sump for normal operating temps? 100-120Deg? seems way too low.

I took it out for a drive down the highway last night, hit some hills with TC unlocked and man i couldn't get it go much above 120°F. Is the gauge incorrect? What are people seeing in the sump for normal operating temps? 100-120Deg? seems way too low.

Factory radiator cooler?

With my factory radiator cooler, big aftermarket cooler, mid-60F weather, 5.38 gears, 37s, and driving like an idiot doing repeated hard pulls with the supercharger I haven't seen above 127F on my after cooler line over 1300 miles. (yes, I should move it to the pan)

Reactions: Daryl
Factory radiator cooler?

With my factory radiator cooler, big aftermarket cooler, mid-60F weather, 5.38 gears, 37s, and driving like an idiot doing repeated hard pulls with the supercharger I haven't seen above 127F on my after cooler line over 1300 miles. (yes, I should move it to the pan)

Ah ok, then i guess im in the right ballpark. Ya i have a fairly sizeable 11x11 cooler installed after the factory radiator cooler, and it was also mid-60F weather, 5.13 on 37, driving like a granny.

If you are board (maybe bored?) and want to test out the gauge and temp recovery time you can put it in drive once it's warmed up, stand on the brakes and roll onto the gas until you get some good twist in the Jeep. Watch the gauge, the torque converter will do nothing but dump heat into the pan, lots of heat. Once it gets toasty let off and see how long the temperature in the pan takes to return to what it was. I'm not going to pay for your u-joints and in general this does nothing all together useful other than wag a needle.

Last edited: