Baby steps build

08a3a1334237d8e7a3d5338adb375879.jpg
installed the BDS 3” rear springs, bump stop, bumpstop cups, jouncers, and rear extended end links which I painted for a color test. I’ll tell you this much, the track bar kicked my ass today. Killed one ratchet strap and made me over use some choice words. Definitely need an adjustable track bar and a SYE/DS ASAP. The rear netted almost 4” of lift. 11/2” rake and it is an extremely rough ride with the shit Pro comps in the rear. Definitely getting RS9000 in the near future.
3a41e4f5e9c17b4b49ba6e63de15de26.jpg
it may settle a bit and I’ll add the spare back on and weigh it down a bit. I guess I’m headed for 35s sooner than later but that was the end goal in mind anyways. So SYE, DS, Ranchos are next up. Dammit I still need to add the jouncers in the front but that was easier than the rear so no big deal and I can also throw some spacers in the front to even it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 30921installed the BDS 3” rear springs, bump stop, bumpstop cups, jouncers, and rear extended end links which I painted for a color test. I’ll tell you this much, the track bar kicked my ass today. Killed one ratchet strap and made me over use some choice words. Definitely need an adjustable track bar and a SYE/DS ASAP. The rear netted almost 4” of lift. 11/2” rake and it is an extremely rough ride with the shit Pro comps in the rear. Definitely getting RS9000 in the near future. View attachment 30922it may settle a bit and I’ll add the spare back on and weigh it down a bit. I guess I’m headed for 35s sooner than later but that was the end goal in mind anyways. So SYE, DS, Ranchos are next up. Dammit I still need to add the jouncers in the front but that was easier than the rear so no big deal and I can also throw some spacers in the front to even it out.

Good work! You can slip a jounce Bumper in through the springs. Not so much luck on the spacers!

Good work! You can slip a jounce Bumper in through the springs. Not so much luck on the spacers!

I would have but the PO also removed the bump stop cups so I still need to screw that in. I didn’t realize the screws bottom out but they do. I’ll wait until I’m in there again to do spacers at the same time if I go that route. If I switch the rears to 2” springs then I won’t need to do that but IMO the front is way easier at least for me it was. And thanks! I’m dead now tho..... [emoji42]

Reactions: JMT
So if you want the 3” BDS lift and you wanna stay lower and level go with 2” springs in the rear. If you want a 3.5” lift keep the 3 “ in rear and put spacers in the front. Ride height is 15” in front and 11 1/2 “ in the rear but that somehow gives me an 11/2” rake. Also I warned my son before he left that it was very bouncy and stiff. He just text me and said it rides better. I think it’s an age gap thing and when I drove it I was ruined physically and mentally so I’ll give her another test run tomorrow.

Dammit man I shoulda went with the 2” springs. Still might.

Dammit @dla you were right. I was hoping you didn’t see this haha. Oh well, live and learn. Now I’m just thinking how I want to move forward.

So if anyone is interested, the 3” BDS Springs are actually riding great, much softer ride than before. At first I thought otherwise. As for the rake, it’s about an inch and a half with zero weight in the back and a hard top. I stood on the middle of the rear bumper at 6”1, 200 lbs and it drops 3/4 of an inch! That seems like a lot to me but it is a pretty smooth ride. I think I’ll only need a 1/2 inch spacer for the front and get the spare on the back and it will look perfect. Also waiting on shocks . Once I put the spare on I’ll post some not so bad take pics. But seriously, don’t buy Pro Comp shocks when you can get much better for just a little bit more.
Also my coils measure:
15” front
11 1/4” rear

Threw on some 3/4 spacers in the front and put all of the bump stops and jouncers in front and rear. BDS 3” coils are riding high. It’s roughly 3.5” leveled out. Here she is.
bdad217197e41b6ebbcc8213d58ed826.jpg

Reactions: Squatch
Looking good brah! Can you give us some measurements at the lower control arm frame mount welds?

Looks like - hold on .....

98412f2c2ec31c7f7783c6be81ed4eb2.jpg
55929ce405f97655ed4880614612bdfe.jpg
front is about 20” from the highest pointe. Rear is 19 1/4” maybe. Had some crooked going on. I’ll try again tomorrow when I’m back to normalcy lol.

Next up is??? I definitely need an adjustable rear track bar. Here is my possible tweakable order.
-rear adj TB
-ZJ Steering
-MML and remove TCD
-Winch
-front Aussie (maybe)
-adj LCA
- THE BIG STUFF