Baby steps build

Threw on some 3/4 spacers in the front and put all of the bump stops and jouncers in front and rear. BDS 3” coils are riding high. It’s roughly 3.5” leveled out. Here she is. View attachment 31670

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you're going to need some tires with a slightly more aggressive look to them, huh? Looks awesome though!

Looks like you're going to need some tires with a slightly more aggressive look to them, huh? Looks awesome though!

Ya for sure and probably some 33s. I’ve been pretty lucky so far, the wheels and tires were $300 from a friend of mine that manages a discount tire. Long story short it was a mistake that they mounted and he hooked us up. They are decent A/Ts but I definitely want something more aggressive. I may try some 33s and see how it rides until I can get some gears and a beefier rear axle. But I may need to spend some real $$$$$$$ here real soon.

Reactions: Chris
Ya for sure and probably some 33s. I’ve been pretty lucky so far, the wheels and tires were $300 from a friend of mine that manages a discount tire. Long story short it was a mistake that they mounted and he hooked us up. They are decent A/Ts but I definitely want something more aggressive. I may try some 33s and see how it rides until I can get some gears and a beefier rear axle. But I may need to spend some real $$$$$$$ here real soon.

That's what Jeeps are for, draining our pockets! But it's such a rewarding feeling once you drive it!

Reactions: Jay P
fbb58872923e4833f6008b8ec48a0186.jpg

Time to clean this thing up. I’m sure the rust would make the no rust Jeeper’s cringe. The difference in shafts is pretty significant when you put them side by side.
f0b7f89bf26ea951a5954b40ac5e9853.jpg

I’d say it will be under the Jeep by Spring .... I’m milking it out so I can get it set up how I want with brakes, lockers. Also gotta re-gear the front or build this other one and throw it in. Already had 4:56 gears but pinion yoke is loose which is a disappointment.

View attachment 62033
Time to clean this thing up. I’m sure the rust would make the no rust Jeeper’s cringe. The difference in shafts is pretty significant when you put them side by side. View attachment 62034
I’d say it will be under the Jeep by Spring .... I’m milking it out so I can get it set up how I want with brakes, lockers. Also gotta re-gear the front or build this other one and throw it in. Already had 4:56 gears but pinion yoke is loose which is a disappointment.

Dana 44 is cleaned up, painted, new diff cover, brakes are on, rear Trackbar on the way, chromoly shafts on the way. After doing the drum brakes and messing with the adjusters for longer then I care to mention, I can tell you that I almost wish I would have went with disc brakes. Time flies when something is kicking your ass. I powder coated the backing plates and got new brake cables. Lots of work ahead. Stay tuned ...

View attachment 62033
Time to clean this thing up. I’m sure the rust would make the no rust Jeeper’s cringe. The difference in shafts is pretty significant when you put them side by side. View attachment 62034

2FFD5EE4-5200-4E9E-9B98-191B523DC07C.jpeg
2FFD5EE4-5200-4E9E-9B98-191B523DC07C.jpeg
View attachment 65091
View attachment 65092
Having issues uploading. Anyways, here’s a couple pics.

Black Magic Brakes installed. The guide that my finger is on must be seated or you will have issues. I had to hold it down with one hand and install the spring with the other. It was a loud hallelujah when I finally got it right. Jeep is also now on 33x12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T. Looks much better proportionately. Dana 44 swap should be happening as soon as I can get enough garage time to allow for any possible issues. Revolution Chromolys and JKS adj track bar are ready as well. It’s really hard to tell in my garage and blacked out but it looks so much better. The Ravines with the 33s are pure eye candy to me. Can’t wait to switch them over.

232E785D-C425-4BCC-A156-75F03D2F1C60.jpeg

6DFC53AA-0E30-42C0-96A9-80568B1EABC9.jpeg

EC3BA67D-8CBD-49D3-A3F8-3BB5FAA8402C.jpeg

image.jpg