Back after 20 year hiatus

monto

Supporting Member
I have fond memories of my brother driving me across Germany in his 91 YJ (we were Air Force brats). I created a 180 day count-down calendar when I turned 16 and would get the YJ as a hand-me-down for my first car. Looking back it's hard to believe my parents let me drive a stripped down manual 4 cylinder with no air bags or power steering. Unfortunately we didn't know enough at the time that we had to care for the frame and the New England weather prevailed and we took her off the road in 2001 due to frame rot. I knew then I'd be back in a Wrangler someday but wanted to wait until I could have it as a second car so I could take care of it accordingly in Massachusetts.

After a few months of searching I came across a very clean 2006 65th Anniversary X with 147k miles (currently for sale on the forum) and I pulled the trigger. Patience isn't by best quality and as luck would have it not 4 weeks later a 2006 Rubicon with only 66k miles was for sale only 18 miles away and I couldn't pass it up. It's stock as far as I can tell and I intend to keep it that way for the most part as I like that classic look. I'll likely get a hard top for the colder weather (not that I'll drive it much in the winter) and hard upper doors and either BFG AT or Good Year Duratracs.

47 days until 1 APR and warmer pastures!

Cheers,
monto

YJ.jpg

2006-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-2dr-suv-4wd (2).jpg

Nice, the heat works well in these so really no need for a hardtop just for that reason. May want it for some other reason....welcome back.

Nice, the heat works well in these so really no need for a hardtop just for that reason. May want it for some other reason....welcome back.
I picked up a super clean hardtop that’s currently on the one for sale so I just assumed bring it over but you make a great point. Might also help make the other more appealing to include both tops.

Nice find, and welcome! I’ll second that the heat is the hottest of any vehicle I’ve ever owned

Welcome to the forum and nice job on the purchase. It's especially nice that you bought a Rubicon model as well. If I was in the climate zone you're in I'd definitely want a hard top as well. Down here in Arizona though a hard top is definitely a waste of money.