WTB: Back-end of PCM Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulton_Hogan

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have a PCM connector where out of its four connecting tabs that hold the back piece to the actual 38-pin connector, the top two tabs have broken off. The result is that the whole of the connector looks like it is leaning down. It seems likes its still locked in place on the PCM but I don't want to add any undo stress.

I specifically need the back half of the connector (green arrow) and not the actual connector (red arrow), but if that's how you want to send it, that is ok as well.

PCM_Connector.png

Thanks all.

When I purchased my '01 4.0L that exact part was missing.
Exhausted searches on Ebay and forget about trying even finding a TJ in the Auto Salvage yards.
Finally talked to a friend that is a long time Jeep mechanic; he looked up the part in the parts books and could only find a full PCM Terminal Repair kit (05014013AA-001) which has (17) 16" sections of wiring with terminals, the harness connector the wiring snaps into, the connector wiring cover and the shrink tubing to join the replacement kit to the factory engine compartment harness.
I purchased the repair kit at a discounted price and installed the wiring cover onto the harness; kept the remaining kit for spare parts.

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
That would be hard to find unless someone on the forum has a harness laying around. I would disconnect it, remove the tape from around the wires then carefully silicone the cap to the connector on three sides leaving the bottom open. After it drys retape it and install.

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
That would be hard to find unless someone on the forum has a harness laying around. I would disconnect it, remove the tape from around the wires then carefully silicone the cap to the connector on three sides leaving the bottom open. After it drys retape it and install.

Not hard to find at all. I've got at least 50 cut off connectors.

I have a PCM connector where out of its four connecting tabs that hold the back piece to the actual 38-pin connector, the top two tabs have broken off. The result is that the whole of the connector looks like it is leaning down. It seems likes its still locked in place on the PCM but I don't want to add any undo stress.

I specifically need the back half of the connector (green arrow) and not the actual connector (red arrow), but if that's how you want to send it, that is ok as well.

View attachment 346741

Thanks all.

Save me the shipping and you the hassle. Get in touch with Mark at Wranglerfix, he has literally thousands of those.

I appreciate you taking the time and effort!
I've been so busy with work and my kids restarting school that I've not begun to send any requests to anyone.
Let me know what you want for it and I will be in touch.

Would those be the two red clips just inside the cover?

Each of the 32 pin wiring harness connectors have two rectangular slots on the top and two rectangular slots on the bottom for the covers rectangular barbed ends to snap into keeping the covers intact.
The harness covers do not have any red clips locking them in place.

Each of the 32 pin wiring harness connectors have two rectangular slots on the top and two rectangular slots on the bottom for the covers rectangular barbed ends to snap into keeping the covers intact.
The harness covers do not have any red clips locking them in place.

CharlesHS, thanks for your help. I broke the clips you are talking about, pushing up on them I assume is the way to release them. The red clip I am seeing is called a secondary lock, for what I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.