Back in a Wrangler!

Mad Macs

I had a 15 JKUR, lifted, regeared, 35" tires, the works. Too bad I was at the gas station every 3 days. I sold it and got a Model 3 for my daily driver. I was driving to work last week and saw this 2004 TJ with 72k miles on it sitting in the lot of a dealership and long story short, brought it home with me. It's 99% stock, only thing that was added was a CB antenna to the back bumper and 31" tires on it. Needs a new head unit as it's stuck on AM locked into a spanish talk show channel.

It's going to my second vehicle and my middle kid will drive it to school and back when he turns 16 next year.

IMG_4768.jpeg

Reactions: Modoc Guy
Nice find! Beautiful stock TJ. You did good unloading the JK at high time pricing. Especially since a large portion of them end up as unreliable junk as they age.

Nice find! Beautiful stock TJ. You did good unloading the JK at high time pricing. Especially since a large portion of them end up as unreliable junk as they age.
Sadly I got rid of the JKU two years ago when it wasn't worth much as a heavily modified Jeep. I put 40k on my Model 3 in two years when most people were WFH. It saved me about $5k/year in fuel costs over the JKU but I absolutely missed having a Jeep. This was on the lot for a day before I brought it home with me.

Reactions: fourpointzero
@Mad Macs oh I know how it is- once you fall in love with a Jeep, it's almost impossible to get it out of your mind for good. Unless maybe you live in a densely populated city with awful parking and access to public transportation. But anywhere else, the thought will haunt you lol. So getting back into a Wrangler is for sure a score! Cheers on the TJ find.

I had a 15 JKUR, lifted, regeared, 35" tires, the works. Too bad I was at the gas station every 3 days. I sold it and got a Model 3 for my daily driver. I was driving to work last week and saw this 2004 TJ with 72k miles on it sitting in the lot of a dealership and long story short, brought it home with me. It's 99% stock, only thing that was added was a CB antenna to the back bumper and 31" tires on it. Needs a new head unit as it's stuck on AM locked into a spanish talk show channel.

It's going to my second vehicle and my middle kid will drive it to school and back when he turns 16 next year.

View attachment 298450
Lucky kid!