Back in the Jeep

zscott

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Since my daughter was 8, she has always wanted her first car to be a jeep. She wanted something she and I could work on over the years until she turned 16. Now at 13 years old I finally found a jeep. It's been over 10 years since I've owned a TJ so my knowledge is really rusty. I ended up pulling the trigger on this jeep because it was a deal I couldn't pass on.

2000 Wrangler TJ
25,000 miles
4" lift w/ 33" tires
ARB Bumper

Garage stored it's entire life.

IMG_05411.jpg

Last edited:
Since my daughter was 8, she has always wanted her first car to be a jeep. She wanted something she and I could work on over the years until she turned 16. Now at 13 years old I finally found a jeep. It's been over 10 years since I've owned a TJ so my knowledge is really rusty. I ended up pulling the trigger on this jeep because it was a deal I couldn't pass on.

2000 Wrangler TJ
25,000 miles
4" lift w/ 33" tires
ARB Bumper

Garage stored it's entire life.

View attachment 213885
Damn dude, that's one lucky 13 year old! Head over to the Resources subforum where you can get your factory manual for free, she can read through it & learn everything about it. Are you planning on doing anything with it or leaving as-is?

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, she's a lucky 13-year-old. I actually have all the original documents for this Jeep. I've already taught her how to drive a manual transmission. That was mistake one because every day that I get home from work, she asks to drive it on the back 9.

Right off that bat, we changed the oil and cleaned out the intake as well as replaced the filter. For any vehicle to sit as long as it is and very rarely get driven, there are some things I want to do to just feel comfortable. The previous owner put 700 miles on this thing in the past 8 years. I'm trying to wrap my head around the engine coolant flush right now. I'll follow that with both diffs and the transfer case and transmission.

As far as upgrades, I'm looking to get the full-size spare off the tailgate. I'm thinking of putting on the Rugged Ridge Spartacus HD tire carrier. I'm also going to take off that stock rear bumper and put one on with a 2" receiver so I can put a crate/platform on the rear when I go deer hunting, that is unless I plan on strapping a buck down across the hood. Lastly, I think I'll likely part ways with the ARB front bumper and move to a SAVVY so I can mount a winch. After that, I'm done.

My daughter has ambitions of joining a local North Texas Jeep Club to do some overlanding. All this means she wants a roof rack system with a rooftop tent.

Definitely looking forward to getting to know a bunch of you and likely crossing paths with you in the near future if you're local to Texas.

Reactions: Modoc Guy and RINC
I reside in Lake Worth (Northwest Fort Worth). My Jeep is a red 97 I am the original owner. I have not worked since March I work in the entertainment industry.
waiting for this year to pass so I can get back at it...

117914DE-E4C2-4FA1-ACB5-D23E50E864FA.png

Great looking Jeep and 'fire red' too. Many memories to be had along this journey you and daughter will have.
My daughters want to inherit my Jeep when I'm dead and pushing up daisy's.....but I keep telling them I'm not dead yet haha.
They have spent many times in the garage with me either helping with a Jeep problem or supplying me with Mountain Dew.....ahhhh good times.
To your daughter...… Have fun and be safe. 🥳 (y)

Welcome and awesome find. We did the exact same thing with our daughter. I know the feeling, congrats!

Welcome that is a nice looking jeep and a lucky young lady

FYI check out the resources section forum and the how to forum I should have read those first

Nice score, and you’ve got one lucky daughter.

I know my daughter loves my Jeep, even has her own key.

Welcome to the forum Sir!
Funny, my daughter already has her own key too. But she knows the ground rules. No starting it unless I’m home. Heck a few nights ago before it got cold she begged me to let her sleep in it. She’s got the jeep fever.

Welcome that is a nice looking jeep and a lucky young lady

FYI check out the resources section forum and the how to forum I should have read those first
I’ve spent a lot of time reading the “how to” section of this forum. I’ll probably be in that section for the next couple of weeks if not months trying to refresh my memory.

Thanks for the warm welcome... Looking forward to relearning the TJ as well as some quality bonding time with my daughter. Now I just got to figure out how to spend money on the Jeep without the ole lady catching on.

• Haha
Reactions: Modoc Guy