Back in the Saddle

Also, look really closely to see if you can find any part numbers on the shocks. They should be there somewhere.

Update: I ended up running into a $$ wall and am now doing things as follows…

1. Have local welding shop repair cracked frame (just to pass inspection in Aug)
2. Replacing Master Cylinder and Booster
3. Replacing Exhaust Manifold
4. Replacing Clutch
5. Hood Latches
6. Mirror Relocation

Everything’s been ordered… now just need to get it done…

Frame patching, Control Arms, SYE, etc., etc. will come at a later point :facepalm::hmmm::nusenuse::smash2::thumbup:

Reactions: Chris
Just to make sure everything is clear... You have to have adjustable arms in the rear, and preferably in the front as well. The rear needs adjustable arms so you can correct the pinion angle when you do the sye. And it's nice to be able to dial in your caster angle up front to get some street manners back.

Reactions: NicKnack
Just to make sure everything is clear... You have to have adjustable arms in the rear, and preferably in the front as well. The rear needs adjustable arms so you can correct the pinion angle when you do the sye. And it's nice to be able to dial in your caster angle up front to get some street manners back.
That's what I was planning on doing until my wallet stopped me.

That's what I was planning on doing until my wallet stopped me.
I hear ya. Sometimes shit happens. Just wanted to make sure you understood that. If you for some reason didn't adjust the rear pinion after an sye, you'd be buying a new transfer case very soon.

I hear ya. Sometimes shit happens. Just wanted to make sure you understood that. If you for some reason didn't adjust the rear pinion after an sye, you'd be buying a new transfer case very soon.
I appreciate the heads up. Most vehicle related things I'm good to roll with, but when it comes to axles, gears, angles, etc, I'm a total rookie.

Reactions: PStov98TJ
Update: I ended up running into a $$ wall and am now doing things as follows…

1. Have local welding shop repair cracked frame (just to pass inspection in Aug)
2. Replacing Master Cylinder and Booster
3. Replacing Exhaust Manifold
4. Replacing Clutch
5. Hood Latches
6. Mirror Relocation

Everything’s been ordered… now just need to get it done…

Frame patching, Control Arms, SYE, etc., etc. will come at a later point :facepalm::hmmm::nusenuse::smash2::thumbup:

Ahhh, it's a good ol' Jeep! The money spending will never end :D

They're good and bad here in PA... mostly just annoying because it's another thing you have to shell money out for annually
Yea I hated them when we had them down here back in the 90's but they were short lived. Governor Jeb Bush did away with it because Florida met federal standards for air quality and money savings.

Reactions: Chris
On a long arm the ride quality is superb. You can see the arm angle is a lot less than the shirt arm. The more the arms are closer to being parallel to the frame the better. Also from my personal experience I get much better results crawling on rock's with my long arm than I had with a short arm.

Reactions: NicKnack