Back in the saddle

teddill

Supporting Member
Hello, I'm Tedd.

Just picked up a 1999 TJ Sport. 170K on the clock. Needs some TLC. Had a 2002 TJ X for 8 months. Had to trade it in on a station wagon due to growing family.

I believe I got a good deal on it as it had no brakes! So the project begins. Ordering a complete brake line kit and fuel tank skid plate. Then the hunt for OEM rims and new tires.

Still not sure if I want to restore it back to as delivered.
20210619_112656.jpg

Oh, it has a 5 speed and the 30" tire package. Also missing the add-a-trunk. The hard top and full doors are not original to it.
I will be looking for half doors and the add a trunk when I get it back on the road.

Sorry to seem to have ghosted here. But being a project, it will take a while.
Thank you all for the welcome. This is a big project. I have starting soaking all the bolts with penetrating oil in prep for the coming work.

Just replaced the positive battery terminal with a military style along with the cables. (Got the idea on this forum) The jeep now starts reliably! Will measure out what is left of the negative cables and get them taken care of.

Also, pulled the blown front RH stabilizer link. Turns out the LH one is no good either! Ordered the correct mounting hardware to install the new ones.

I am leaning toward putting it back to stock. I rarely see stock TJ's around. To bad Goodyear no longer makes the Wranglers that came on it.

I guess I should start a "Work" tread for this project....

Thank you for such a great resource here.