Back into a TJ

Caster and pinion angle are related by the orientation of the pumpkin to the C's on the end of an axle. YOu'll fight getting enough caster by how misaligned your front driveshaft is. If you read the DIY alignment it should be clear.
Cool thanks. I’ll go find the sticky or thread!

Nice! What city are you near? You can join me in beating on JK axles at Reiter and Walker. The JK44s offer some nice benefits from TJ IMO (bigger brakes, high steer, extra width, high pinion, 35 spline options) but they suffer from still being light duty axles. My 44 front requires a lot of maintenance. I'm assuming the 08 JK is a rubicon?
I am close to Oak Harbor, forgot to reply to that earlier, also it is not a Rubicon model, I will be adding ARB's at somepoint when I can sell these spare tires, parts and a motorcycle.
Caster and pinion angle are related by the orientation of the pumpkin to the C's on the end of an axle. YOu'll fight getting enough caster by how misaligned your front driveshaft is. If you read the DIY alignment it should be
Can you PM me? it wont allow me to view your profile or send you a message, but I seriously need some input with this build. I am realizing I have so much more to learn, even though I feel like im pretty mechanically inclined, this is beyond the realm of what I have done before and want to make sure it goes right the first time. Thank you!

I am close to Oak Harbor, forgot to reply to that earlier, also it is not a Rubicon model, I will be adding ARB's at somepoint when I can sell these spare tires, parts and a motorcycle.

Can you PM me? it wont allow me to view your profile or send you a message, but I seriously need some input with this build. I am realizing I have so much more to learn, even though I feel like im pretty mechanically inclined, this is beyond the realm of what I have done before and want to make sure it goes right the first time. Thank you!
Shit i totally forgot you were in Oak Harbor. I was there dropping off a bear pelt on Monday at Whidbey Island Taxidermy. When I go to pick it up (probably in spring) I'll try to schedule a beer and jeep session!

Shit i totally forgot you were in Oak Harbor. I was there dropping off a bear pelt on Monday at Whidbey Island Taxidermy. When I go to pick it up (probably in spring) I'll try to schedule a beer and jeep session!
Absolutely! That sounds like a great time. Just got back from OR this weekend with my new built up JK axles. Now I just need to order the long arm lift and I can start this axle swap project.

Reactions: B00mb00m
Lets see these chicken legs that are going in your Tj.

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
Lets see these chicken legs that are going in your Tj.

View attachment 281537
Haha of course. The front is getting a 3”OD .250 wall DOM outer sleeve once I get the factory brackets cut off and the tubes themselves cut. But my friend installed the ARB lockers and gears for me while they were sitting around waiting to be picked up in OR at his shop.

Reactions: B00mb00m
I’m probably going to start a new build thread though. Wasn’t planning on using this one as that, but I do want to keep everything organized along the way.