Back spacing

kadehamilton

I'm looking at a set of wheels from quadratec and it 199.99 free shipping for a set of 5 black "d" wheels. They are going to be 15x8 and the only way fart they offer is a 4" offset. His this too much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I'm only running 31/10.50/15 but the rub on stock rims. So I figure that instead of buying spacers I should just do the right thing and go with wheels.

Reactions: Chris and derekmac
Thanks guys. I'm only running 31/10.50/15 but the rub on stock rims. So I figure that instead of buying spacers I should just do the right thing and go with wheels.

Good man! Wheels with proper backspacing is indeed the correct way to do it. Spacers should always be avoided whenever possible.

Exactly what is rubbing where? Depending on your answer there may be a 5 minute ten cent fix.

Lower control arms I think I don't turn sharp enough for them to rub most of the time. Also Jerry why not go with a new set of wheels lol

You can buy new wheels if you want but here's the fix for your control arm rub for the cost of a pair of washers... https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-adjust-the-steering-stops-on-your-tj.3230/

This does not increase the turning radius enough to notice. And don't be fooled into thinking those bolts are welded in place, they are not. Only their adjusting nut is welded onto the bolt, the bolt is still unscrewable to insert a washer underneath the nut.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris and StG58