Back to a Wrangler

Rexter

Had a ‘94 about 20 yrs ago. Now my son is about to be 16, so I bought a project for us to work on. ‘01 Wrangler 2.5 that needs some engine attention. P/O said it ran hot and died.

C63-A87-F9-2-C45-40-A2-AFD8-94-A8-F1156-E94.jpg

Welcome back to the world of Wranglers! Sounds like it should be a fun project for you and your son.

Welcome aboard. There are plenty of simple tests you and your son can perform that will be a great learning experience for him and a good tattletale for the engine. A gander at the oil and coolant is a good place to start. You can get the oil analysed and the test results can be good bread crumbs. I loved working on rigs with my sons when they were young and still do to this day. While your issues may be simple and inexpensive always remember, sometimes the seemingly expensive route is the cheapest. A rebuilt engine with a warranty is a lot of peace of mind for a dad. I imagine in Texas one of the first thing you look for is flood damage.

Got my tube fenders from EAG on Saturday and super excited to start chopping the rusty ones. Have to paint the EAG units with good ol’ POR. Went with the 3” flares as this is a daily driver.
Lube changed on the Dana30 and upgraded the cover to a nodular steel one. Will keep it and just upgrade the axle for longevity and maybe a Detroit locker, maybe.

sye kit and gathering a list for a stroker build.

Might want to post that in your own thread ;)

Reactions: Ephry73