Backspacing

HuskerRubi

Supporting Member
Hello all!

Need some guidance... Thanks in advance!

I am currently running a Rubicon Express 3.5" suspension with 33's. Looking at buying a set of 35's with new steel rims for wheelin only. I am probably going to go 15" just to save some dollars.

Would like some direction on what the backspacing should be on 15" wheels with 35" tires with my setup.

***looking at going 35x12.50x15***

I do know that there will be many opinions, i am always open to direction. :)

Again, thanks for your help!

Mike

Last edited:
An optimal wheel for offroading with 35x12.50x15 tires would be a 15x8 with 4" of backspacing. 3.75 of BS works but sticks the tires out a little more. 4.5" works too but that much backspacing can cause the tire's inside sidewall to rub on the front control arms when the steering wheel is turned all the way to the stops. A washer or two under each of the two steering stop bolts stops that though.

Reactions: HuskerRubi
An optimal wheel for offroading with 35x12.50x15 tires would be a 15x8 with 4" of backspacing. 3.75 of BS works but sticks the tires out a little more. 4.5" works too but that much backspacing can cause the tire's inside sidewall to rub on the front control arms when the steering wheel is turned all the way to the stops. A washer or two under each of the two steering stop bolts stops that though.
Thanks Jerry! Was looking at the 3.75" bs. I am going to change out my fenders so I think I will be good with the extra sticking out...

Can I ping you for one more question, thinking of doing the JKS 1.25" body lift. Thoughts?

More thinking is that a good idea overall? Looking for a little extra room to clear those 35's wheelin
Yep as advised above, you really need that extra clearance since you're only running a 3.5" suspension lift which is close to but not quite enough for 35's. :)