Bad ball joint problem!!!

Rynous

TJ Enthusiast
Okay so I have a very * VERY * Stuck bottom ball joint. 140k miles on the stock ball joints. Was in process of cranking down on my ball joint press until I realized that i was BENDING my c frame on my tool. ANY ideas at all would be appreciated. I have 2 more ball joints to remove after this one.

It's common to bend the ball joint clamp's C of an inexpensive ball joint press while removing the ball joints. Try the above mentioned method using a BIG hammer on the side of the C next to the ball joint.

Reactions: Rynous and Daryl
It's common to bend the ball joint clamp's C of an inexpensive ball joint press while removing the ball joints. Try the above mentioned method using a BIG hammer on the side of the C next to the ball joint.
When you say c, do you mean the tool or the c channel on the axle

I'd just rent/borrow one from an auto parts store, their loaner/rental tools are generally very good quality. They usually do it for free with a refundable deposit.

I'd just rent/borrow one from an auto parts store, their loaner/rental tools are generally very good quality. They usually do it for free with a refundable deposit.
Well, I do plan on wheeling my jeep and having it for a long while, I was gonna get my own set so I can change them as I see fit

I have an adapter set. I spent 40 dollars on it I think
K, the reason i do ask, when i do replace mines i did notice that when the hardest ball joint resist the press end up dive in the center expanding the ball joint instead of push down. I end up using a home made adapter that put the pressure in the edge, not the center to got it out.