Badmfbri's 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Badmfbri

Hello All,

I'm fairly new to the site, so I'm not sure what should be posted and what shouldn't. Currently I only have a couple of pictures that I took earlier today. She is a great ride and has been with me since 2008.

Over the years a lot of work has been done. I recently moved to a hard top because someone slashed my soft top and stole my driver's side door. Besides the new door and hard top, I also added locking bolts to both doors.

This year I converted all my exterior lighting to LED and my fender markers have a smoked gray lens. I also had my fender flares powder coated again, changing it up slightly. Instead of black on black, I went with blue for the diamond plate and black for the tube frame.

To continue the blue accents, I bought a blue factor 55 flat link winch hook and blue D-Ring isolators.

From a mechanical perspective, all of my seals were redone, a Banks Power cat-back was installed and so was a Flex-a-Lite electric fan/radiator combo with an oil cooler. Soon it will be geared to 4.56 with an Eaton E-Locker in the front.

I'm not positive which wheels I am going to purchase, but I am leaning toward Black Rock Viper. I'm not going to change the diameter so my choices are limited. For some reason companies don't make 15" wheels. To stick with the blue concept, I think that I will go with blue locking lugs and maybe some additional powder coating.

IMG_20181109_140544.jpg
IMG_20181109_140514.jpg

Looks good, I like that Factor55 link as well!

I can tell you one thing, there's a ton of members on here from Colorado. @jjvw, @tworley, @Creakydoor just to name a few.

Thanks for the heads up about CO members. I really like the Factor 55 link because it mounts flush on the winch. Based on the videos it looks like it works better than a regular winch hook, but I haven't used it yet.

Reactions: Chris
Thanks for the heads up about CO members. I really like the Factor 55 link because it mounts flush on the winch. Based on the videos it looks like it works better than a regular winch hook, but I haven't used it yet.

I have the Factor55 ProLink, and I can tell you that in conjunction with soft shackles, I like the way it works way more than my old, standard winch hook.

Concerning converting your exterior lights to LEDs, what did you use for the tail light?

With the left light providing light for the license plate light, I'm leary about using a Red LED light. I've heard white LEDs aren't as good in a red lens as a red LED.

I was pulled over once for having red bulbs on my plate on a Silverado I had.

Last edited:
Concerning converting your exterior lights to LEDs, what did you use for the tail light?

With the left light providing light for the license plate light, I'm leary about using a Red LED light. I've heard white LEDs aren't as good in a red lens as a red LED.

I was pulled over once for having red bulbs on my plate on a Silverado I had.

At first I had just converted the bulb, but when I changed my KCs and the headlights, I decided a full upgrade was needed. I went with the Quadratec LED taillight package. It works great.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/55213_0116.htm

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I have the Factor55 ProLink, and I can tell you that in conjunction with soft shackles, I like the way it works way more than my old, standard winch hook.

I think they are cool as hell. I'm a big believer in form following function and they are very functional compared to the hook. At least that is what I've seen on videos and heard from other Jeepers like you.

Reactions: Chris
I’ve considered those as well. I hear a lot of good things about them.

I went with those because they were inexpensive compared to some of the other packages. Now that they are installed I love them. They are bright and the correct colors. The only little quirk was the reverse lights weren't working. After running the troubleshooting, it turned out that one of the fuses was blown. We replaced the fuse and now they work perfectly.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Thanks. Now my OCD requires me to finish. I'm going to change the instrument cluster and other interior lights to blue. Maybe when I'm done, I will have to give her a name.
That exactly what happens to me! Still haven’t given my girl a name yet either🤨

That exactly what happens to me! Still haven’t given my girl a name yet either🤨

She will never be complete and might not ever get a name. When I first got the Jeep I wanted to do some upgrades. When they gave me my quote, I looked at him and said Holy $#*t! You have to be kidding. He laughed and said do you know what Jeep stands for? Then he told me, Just Empty Every Pocket. That's what I've been doing ever since.

Reactions: Joeker67
She will never be complete and might not ever get a name. When I first got the Jeep I wanted to do some upgrades. When they gave me my quote, I looked at him and said Holy $#*t! You have to be kidding. He laughed and said do you know what Jeep stands for? Then he told me, Just Empty Every Pocket. That's what I've been doing ever since.
Oh that is exactly right on both count, never finished and empty those pockets. 😂

Welcome to the forum from Morrison. I'm currently working on repairing a hardtop. I've been the victim of theft a handful of times