Arkansas Bailey’s Boulders (Hot Springs ORV park)

Tob

Paint-Matched Bezels Club
Supporting Member
For those of you that have been to Hot Springs ORV park, and know the obstacle Bailey’s Boulders, what’s the least built rig you’ve seen make it up? Or in other words, how dumb of an idea would it be to try on 31’s? All the times I’ve been, only the “hardcore” guys go for that obstacle.

It would be extremely and I mean extremely difficult on 31's. I would never say never, but....... I wouldn't do it on 35's.

Here is a pic of my buddy in his samurai on 37's at the 2nd step.
drew at baily 2.jpg

37’s and they fought it for a while. My buddies stretched YJ on 42’s pretty much walked it but he had a good line. You need wheelbase and ground clearance for this one. I didn’t try it, already had a broken rear shaft by then.

Wait, I'm not talking about the left side near the steep hill - I'm not that crazy 😂. I'm talking about the right side. Similar line to this video:

I don't know how old that video is, but I don't think it looks like that anymore.

I was eyeing it pretty hard when I was there last year, but that was before the raised skids and full under armor. I’ll at least check it out next time I go. I don’t go that often, but I bet it does change a lot with use and erosion.

If you make it up next month, we will go put a tire on it. Rubicon Ridge is a good end of day trail and know a few others want to do it for the BOH, so we can shoot over to Bailey's and then hit Rubicon.

Reactions: Tob
Interesting. I might want to be there to see you make a go at it @Tob.

At least you have under armor.

I did this on 31’s and 2.5” OME on one of my first ever wheelin trips coming down Wildcat Mountain. I was high centered on the transmission bellhousing. 4 years later and I’m still running the same oil pan. It’s one way to gain clearance.

image.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Tob
Interesting. I might want to be there to see you make a go at it @Tob.

At least you have under armor.
Yeah, I wouldn't try something like this without skids. Now that I have the under armor, I'm a lot more confident trying harder stuff knowing my transmission and oil pan are safe and sound, and my transfer case is up and out of the way. But my tub corners and rocker panels, on the other hand... 😅