Balancing beads?

Ted

TJ Enthusiast
Digging through some new parts and stuff I found a balancing bead kit I purchased several years ago.

I have heard from some they work and others say they don't.

I have a very light wheel balancing problem and was thinking about pouring these in through the valve stem and giving them a go.

These kit consist of 4 bags, 10 ounces each, 4 Filtered valve cores bottle to put them in with.

They are ceramic and are very very small.

So should I give them a go? I would hate to break the beadlocks down to remove them it were to cause problems. It is a pain in the ass.

bead.jpg
bead1.jpg

I personally have never been tempted to use them since I've always been able, eventually, to get my well-worn 35's well balanced, so I have no speed sensitive shimmies. My thought is if your tires are shimmying, you've either got an incompetent tire balancer or a bad tire, perhaps a bent wheel.

Reactions: Chris and JP98
I will admit that it does seem like a band-aid for a bigger problem. However, there was a thread on here a few months back where people were talking about how they really do work.

I'm sold on these. Never had an issue with them and I don't need to mess with beads. Buy once and use forever. I run beadlocks and can't get them balanced locally. Even if you get your tires balanced you just keep them on in case of losing a wheel weight or tire chunking. I run the 8x6.5 pattern but below is the 5x4.5.

https://www.centramatic.com/wheel-balancer.rhtml?modelNumber=300-345

Reactions: Steel City 06
PO put equal in my tires. Yes, equal the sweetener. Tire shop cleaned it out, had all 4 remounted and balanced in 30 minutes. Equal?

• Wow
Reactions: thomat65