balfred's 1997 Jeep Wrangler SE Build Thread

Lol, that's right! Awesome power and terrible mpg! But I wasn't expecting to get any better

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Oh well, the 4.0 as it is gets piss poor mpg anyways, probably the same as what you’re getting.

Poor little jeep is down for a week :(

The Advance Adapters special headers that I have for my v8 swap were leaking like crazy causing the engine to sneeze under load so i called them and they were awesome! They said they were going to send me out a brand new set at no cost. I got them and had the flanges and the egr fitting welded on and dropped them off at the ceramic coaters today but it will be 3-5 business days before I get them back which stinks but I wanted to do things right and get them coated. The original set were chrome and the plating was pure garbage and turned blue and brown all over so they said that's why they stopped coating them.

These headers are pretty awesomely engineered to fit through some very tight places.

36eb69df1a3e92317e489a8cf023399e.jpg

In the mean time while it's down I figured I would wire in a real dome light to replace my battery powered one. This thing looks crazy bright and the mounting holes are perfectly spaced for predrilled holes in the crossmember of my roll cage. This is not my Jeep but one online that you can see the holes towards the bar above the front seats

bd10e5e5481b249669525b081db4808d.jpg

5b214c0833fb152177d2d4fb4bde4d79.jpg

Next things in line aka dreaming on some...
- Speaker Pods to fit in rear cage with some jbl, alpine, or Polk speakers haven't decided yet
- map light, maybe dim blue
- bestop trail cover (mine got stolen while my jeep was in the shop)
- Tuffy center console insert (my latch was busted from the same break in at the shop so it's either replace the latch or get the insert)
- probably more important than all is a new cooling fan for the sweaty hot v8, mine blows hehe
- maybe something to secure my stereo so it doesn't get stolen like the last one from the same break in. Quadratec makes or made a steel case that has a cover for the deck to block access. Might be cool.
- new seats that are lower than my behemoth 1997 seats that put me too high in the air. I would love to find ones that have the tilt and slide mechanism built in, might have to look for a factory set from a newer model

Reactions: Chris
Ahhh, real headers... must be nice. With the 4.0 you can't get full headers due to the pre-cats in the down pipes.

Ahhh, real headers... must be nice. With the 4.0 you can't get full headers due to the pre-cats in the down pipes.
It's funny, the driver side header qualifies more as a shorty header and the passenger side has more room so they made it more of a mid length header

Reactions: Chris
This just popped up on my phone, the Google wizardry stylized a photo that I took for a different thread and I think it looks kind of neat

2cc1379a3924f8d83e1f5aa6c6adcbbd.jpg

I placed a couple orders tonight and can check a couple items off my want list.

My new stereo vault to keep my stereo safe! I will post a review of it once I get it and a how to install

48ea4259c5f45b12a22f9bb7cc381a64.jpg

And my new fan which I know isn't really of interest on this forum. It should be good for about 2500 cfm and should keep me cool in the Vegas heat compared to my 1000 cfm fan. If anyone is interested, I can take pictures and write a how to. This would be a good one for any jeep I imagine as it is slim, only 16 inches in diameter and pulls only 18 amps

15d3f9a93c9b56f45d4015fb051da6dc.jpg

Might not get around to the installs until Saturday but I hope I can get to them earlier. Need to get my headers done first

Reactions: KCsTJ