Barnes Offroad skid plate

Ted

TJ Enthusiast
So I ordered a Barnes skid plate. Was the best deal I could find shipped for $200.

Only thing is it comes without holes for the tranny mount.

Would it be ok just bolting the skid up and then marking the spots where the holes need to be? Jack up the tranny and bolt the plate up then drop it on the skid and mark it?

I do not want to screw it up.

That's what I would do personally if it was me. I don't see anything wrong with that plan of action.

No Savvy for you?

Nope. Over $300 for shipping. Was actually the highest shipping of any I tried to get. I have worked for both UPS and currently at Fed Ex and I can actually figure charges to the dime. Most all of them are making money on shipping. And I do understand it cost money for shipping supplies but not that much.

You're going to need to hold off on any big spending until you get to Idaho! Then you'll be within normal range for shipping prices.

Imagine how guys like @Kiwi TJ, @teejay and @Reign Mack feel with the insane shipping costs they must pay!

I guess this is one reason it pays to live in the mainland US!

You're going to need to hold off on any big spending until you get to Idaho! Then you'll be within normal range for shipping prices.

Imagine how guys like @Kiwi TJ, @teejay and @Reign Mack feel with the insane shipping costs they must pay!

Im sure they have companies that make all the stuff they need. I'll have a full motorized
paragliding rig to haul down to when I go. They are willing to ship it here for free but it is an expensive purchase.

Reactions: Chris

every time I import it makes me miss 2007 back when it was nearly $2 to £1. it felt like everything was half price. Imported so much back than the guys down at parcel force knew me on a first name basis.

Shipping is extortionate but often still competitive with buying over here after taxes and retailers add their own markup.

Reactions: Chris