Barnett Diff Covers

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
I had the opportunity to chat with Mike over at T and J this afternoon. I asked him what was up with the diff covers. He explained that they are still waiting on Dana to get them covers. I told him that many of us were waiting and it would be sad to have them no longer available.

He said if anyone has a stock diff cover from a Dana 30 or Dana 44 and wants to find a box, pack said cover in a box, take box down to the preferred shipping company, pay for the shipping, ship it to them at T and J, upon arrival, they will schedule the conversion to be the Barnett cover, do the conversion, and upon cleared funds and a conversation in some manner with the owner of the cover, will return the converted cover back to the address of choice provided it is not outside normal shipping areas. This only applies to good condition, useable Dana 30 and Dana 44 stock sheet metal covers.

Sorry, forgot where I was for a moment.

Last edited:
I had the opportunity to chat with Mike over at T and J this afternoon. I asked him what was up with the diff covers. He explained that they are still waiting on Dana to get them covers. I told him that many of us were waiting and it would be sad to have them no longer available. He said if anyone wants to send in a Dana 30 or Dana 44 and get it converted, they are glad to do so.

Might help a few of us. I'm going to round up several of what I have here and send them in.
So, you just send in the stock cover and they convert it?

I had the opportunity to chat with Mike over at T and J this afternoon. I asked him what was up with the diff covers. He explained that they are still waiting on Dana to get them covers. I told him that many of us were waiting and it would be sad to have them no longer available.

He said if anyone has a stock diff cover from a Dana 30 or Dana 44 and wants to find a box, pack said cover in a box, take box down to the preferred shipping company, pay for the shipping, ship it to them at T and J, upon arrival, they will schedule the conversion to be the Barnett cover, do the conversion, and upon cleared funds and a conversation in some manner with the owner of the cover, will return the converted cover back to the address of choice provided it is not outside normal shipping areas. This only applies to good condition, useable Dana 30 and Dana 44 stock sheet metal covers.

You should have known better

Did he put a price tag on it?
Some days I'm not quite sure why I even bother.
I was chatting with Mike, we were commiserating over supply chain difficulties and it dawned on me to ask if the Barnett covers were discontinued or what? He related that he was waiting on Dana to get off their ass and send him the covers he has on order. I said that was great since I know of several who are in need. That is when he let me know if anyone wanted to send one in to get converted, they would be glad to help them out. That's all I know, that's all I'm gonna know, it was an aside to another conversation and I just happened to remember who I was chatting with.

I really should have.
I could use a new one but my rear axle is too worn. Was destroying the lower bolts every trip. Trying a skid from carli now but IMO it looks like I have an 8.8…. Will see how it does this weekend but might be looking for a new housing soon.

Is he interested in selling DIY kits?
no eye deer.PNG

I could use a new one but my rear axle is too worn. Was destroying the lower bolts every trip. Trying a skid from carli now but IMO it looks like I have an 8.8…. Will see how it does this weekend but might be looking for a new housing soon.
Skids make it worse. Best thing to do is pull the housing, flip it over, weld a strip of 1/4" that is even with the gasket edge to just short of the edge of the front shoulder. Weld that after some serious cleaning of the iron. That will buy you lots of time.

Last time I talked to him the covers that would work had a specific number stamped on them. I have a few of those around my shop. I'll have to look at the numbers. I can't tell you the difference between then though.