Barrett Jackson again

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
Yesterday, I went to Barrett Jackson. It is so dangerous when I go, I think @Squatch should never do this. It is amazing they have every car known to man practically. Like this one that made me think of @Squatch
IMG-0776.JPG

There were so many different cars. I can't post them here, but here are a few that I found really interesting:

IMG-0777.JPG

IMG-0766.JPG

Here is my favorite of the day:

56 Ford 4x4:

IMG-0775.JPG

They had a handful of the repro Ford Bronco's ranging from 150K to 300K:

IMG-0760.JPG

Absolutely love that Pacer! That Forward Control Jeep ain't no slouch, either! Thanks, @ac_. I've been to car auctions before, and yes, it's very easy to get caught up in it all. I've come home with a few that I probably never should have...

It is hard not too. I also found a 39 Ford coupe I absolutely fell in love with. Fortunately, I know I have way too many projects as it is. I just can't get caught up in another one. But it is sooper fun to go there and dream the big dream.

Reactions: Squatch
I've picked up a '74 Gremlin, a '69 Datsun pickup, and a '79 Pontiac Grand Prix from auction before. All turned out to be great little vehicles, and I made money off each one. My original comment about "I've come home with a few that I probably never should have..." stems from the fact that I had purchased 32 vehicles that year. I probably had no business attending an auction... ;)

I've picked up a '74 Gremlin, a '69 Datsun pickup, and a '79 Pontiac Grand Prix from auction before. All turned out to be great little vehicles, and I made money off each one.
That sounds like fun, but I think I get too emotionally attached then have a tough time getting rid of them.

Ditto. I swear I bond with vehicles, and it's getting worse as I get older. I used to be able to flip 'em without hesitation. Now, I find myself connecting with them, and wanting to hang onto 'em...

I have a friend back in Arkansas that has two FC's that have been sitting for the better part of 10 years under an awning just begging to be restored. I involuntarily twitch every time I drive past them when I'm in visiting.

Reactions: ac_ and Squatch
My dad and I will go to Barrett Jackson every year when they’re in town for Hot August Nights. We also went down to Vegas for a Mecum auction earlier this year. You really can find just about anything at these

9249fb923668b99ce47a28799d974b76.jpg

de420152cdd8b7b6f0e3a91a08db4288.jpg

74ef709cad853a9088d48c00fe86fedb.jpg

775e0756db609920dc386e74f99500f7.jpg

I've picked up a '74 Gremlin, a '69 Datsun pickup, and a '79 Pontiac Grand Prix from auction before. All turned out to be great little vehicles, and I made money off each one. My original comment about "I've come home with a few that I probably never should have..." stems from the fact that I had purchased 32 vehicles that year. I probably had no business attending an auction... ;)
Thirtyfrickintwo?!?!? I haven't owned 32 vehicles in my entire life and don't think that I'll ever reach that number. You should start a blog about your adventures with automobiles. Maybe "The Chronicles of Squatch" or "Scroungin' with Squatch". Of course, Brown Truck Santa just visited Washington and dropped off some parts. They're not gonna install themselves so I guess your memoirs may have to wait. Thirtyfrickintwo!!! LOL!

Reactions: Squatch
Thirtyfrickintwo?!?!? I haven't owned 32 vehicles in my entire life and don't think that I'll ever reach that number. You should start a blog about your adventures with automobiles. Maybe "The Chronicles of Squatch" or "Scroungin' with Squatch". Of course, Brown Truck Santa just visited Washington and dropped off some parts. They're not gonna install themselves so I guess your memoirs may have to wait. Thirtyfrickintwo!!! LOL!
LOL I've owned over 300 vehicles in my lifetime. I peaked at owning 16 at one time. At one point, I had a list made up when I was at 243 cars, but I've since lost it. I'm just someone who loves the automobile. They are rarely "just transportation" in my eyes. I had a Saab 9000 that qualified as such, and my wife's current Honda CR-V does, as well. For the most part, however, I see them as something more. Most have a story to tell, and I'm always listening. ;)

LOL I've owned over 300 vehicles in my lifetime. I peaked at owning 16 at one time. At one point, I had a list made up when I was at 243 cars, but I've since lost it. I'm just someone who loves the automobile. They are rarely "just transportation" in my eyes. I had a Saab 9000 that qualified as such, and my wife's current Honda CR-V does, as well. For the most part, however, I see them as something more. Most have a story to tell, and I'm always listening. ;)
This isn’t a joke right haha? 300 vehicles? Damn

Yesterday, I went to Barrett Jackson. It is so dangerous when I go, I think @Squatch should never do this. It is amazing they have every car known to man practically. Like this one that made me think of @Squatch
View attachment 72738

There were so many different cars. I can't post them here, but here are a few that I found really interesting:

View attachment 72739

View attachment 72740

Here is my favorite of the day:

56 Ford 4x4:

View attachment 72746

They had a handful of the repro Ford Bronco's ranging from 150K to 300K:

View attachment 72754
I really like that Forward Control. As much as I like it, I dislike the plastic paks on the side of it just a bit more. Anachronistic items like that drive me batshit sometimes.

Reactions: ac_